UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

• Paid Members

We watched the movie on Saturday night, having only seem snippets here and thereĀ but never the whole thing. It's very easy to see how it gained it's cult status (incredibleĀ puppetry and designs, some really horrifying moments) but we had no idea what was going on 75% of the time.

11 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Ā 

I've never seen The Crown but news of Gillian Anderson being cast as Thatcher sounds like a wank challenge too good to turn down.

Ā 

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

It's been announced that Gillian Anderson is going to play Margaret Thatcher in the next series of The Crown.

That's going to be a tough wank.

(That Spiderman pointing pic)

• Paid Members

I like the look of Spy with Sacha Baron Cohen. I watched the trailer the other day. Might crack on with it when I'm done with this series of Archer, although I'm really feeling like sticking on some nostalgia filled kids show as a bit of a pallette cleanser after bingeing all 5 seasons of BoJack in the last month.Ā 

3 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is the the best place to ask about a vpn and netflix and can anyone recommend one

I'm not sure VPN's tend to work well with Netflix any longer, a few streaming platforms have made it so you can't watch them at all when connected to one of another country.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

NordVPN definitely works as I just connected to another Netflix region and started playing Ralph Breaks the Internet to check it.Ā  However, certain devices won't work even with the VPN running on the device (I don't have the VPN working at the router level) so it's a bit more suck it and see than the olden days when everything worked.Ā  Win 10 laptop and Huawei Android phone work ok.Ā  Amazon Fire devices don't work with the VPN running straight away and I couldn't be arsed to try the multi-step work arounds.

I'm sure Nord do a 7 day trial.Ā  Also, ignore their special offer countdown - it's almost always that price.Ā  If you're a Quidco member there's usually a healthy amount of cashback available too.

This is great, just tried Nord myself and it works. At fucking last, no more shitty UK Netflix.

• Paid Members

Netflix just added a film called Hell Fest, an enjoyable little slasher film worth seeing but more notable for the fact that it's one of the best-looking horror films I've ever seen. Worth a watch.

• Paid Members
On 9/13/2019 at 9:41 PM, johnnyboy said:

My wife's been watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and having just finished it's pretty bloody good with a particularly strong finish.

However, it is too dark for little kids - like scary Dr Who dark (don't turn people into sweets you evil Bertie BassettĀ šŸ˜°).

My 9yo daughter loves it, it's been our little thing over the past week or so. When the youngest goes to bed, me and her sit down every night and watch an episode.

2 hours ago, Grecian said:

The new series of Top Boy is really good, highly recommended.

It's bloody superb. I have 3 episodes left, I don't want it to end. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the first two series but I'd say it's even better. I might change my mind when I eventually go back and watch the old ones, but the new series really is good.

Is it eligible for Emmy nominations? Because I'd throw Kano right into the mix. He's on another level in this. Little Simz has put in a good performance for someone with little acting experience. I adore Ats and Stefan.

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

It's bloody superb. I have 3 episodes left, I don't want it to end. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the first two series but I'd say it's even better. I might change my mind when I eventually go back and watch the old ones, but the new series really is good.

Is it eligible for Emmy nominations? Because I'd throw Kano right into the mix. He's on another level in this. Little Simz has put in a good performance for someone with little acting experience. I adore Ats and Stefan.

I really don't watch much TV, but I watched series 1 and 2 and got hooked and was always gutted there was never a series 3, until now. I've managed to go through the whole lot in three days - without ruining anything, the ending sets up Series 4 brilliantly.

The guy playing Jamie is excellent, as is Jaq.