Sign in to follow this  
Loki

UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Just now, johnnyboy said:

Disclaimer:  Netflix can change how they police it at any time so don't want refunds off me.

Too late, you're basically Nord's CEO to me now.

Netflix just added a film called Hell Fest, an enjoyable little slasher film worth seeing but more notable for the fact that it's one of the best-looking horror films I've ever seen. Worth a watch.

My wife's been watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and having just finished it's pretty bloody good with a particularly strong finish.

However, it is too dark for little kids - like scary Dr Who dark (don't turn people into sweets you evil Bertie Bassett 😰).

On 9/13/2019 at 9:41 PM, johnnyboy said:

My wife's been watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and having just finished it's pretty bloody good with a particularly strong finish.

However, it is too dark for little kids - like scary Dr Who dark (don't turn people into sweets you evil Bertie Bassett 😰).

My 9yo daughter loves it, it's been our little thing over the past week or so. When the youngest goes to bed, me and her sit down every night and watch an episode.

2 hours ago, Grecian said:

The new series of Top Boy is really good, highly recommended.

It's bloody superb. I have 3 episodes left, I don't want it to end. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the first two series but I'd say it's even better. I might change my mind when I eventually go back and watch the old ones, but the new series really is good.

Is it eligible for Emmy nominations? Because I'd throw Kano right into the mix. He's on another level in this. Little Simz has put in a good performance for someone with little acting experience. I adore Ats and Stefan.

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

It's bloody superb. I have 3 episodes left, I don't want it to end. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the first two series but I'd say it's even better. I might change my mind when I eventually go back and watch the old ones, but the new series really is good.

Is it eligible for Emmy nominations? Because I'd throw Kano right into the mix. He's on another level in this. Little Simz has put in a good performance for someone with little acting experience. I adore Ats and Stefan.

I really don't watch much TV, but I watched series 1 and 2 and got hooked and was always gutted there was never a series 3, until now. I've managed to go through the whole lot in three days - without ruining anything, the ending sets up Series 4 brilliantly.

The guy playing Jamie is excellent, as is Jaq.

Between Two Ferns the Movie. 1hr 20 minutes so a short watch. Runs out of steam towards the end but has some pretty funny lines. The credits blooper reel is very fun as well. 6/10

Just finished Top Boy...

Fuck me, that was good. Really,

really good. That final episode has set up the next series wonderfully, and it could fill the gap left behind by The Wire. A real open-mouth moment when they showed the junkies in the police station- a basic yet brilliant little twist.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Just finished Top Boy...

Reveal hidden contents

Fuck me, that was good. Really,

really good. That final episode has set up the next series wonderfully, and it could fill the gap left behind by The Wire. A real open-mouth moment when they showed the junkies in the police station- a basic yet brilliant little twist.

I thought series 1 was pretty good but series 2 was a disappointing mess. The reoccurring shots of Asher D sipping out of his tumbler whilst surveying his kingdom was so bloody heavy handed and cringey and all the sub plots were either shit or pointless.

Is it more of that or a return to form?

Definitely more along the lines of the first one- on the streets, everyone has fuck all and trying to make something out of nothing and as several years have passed you have a new generation of slangers.

Asher D is ok but waaaay down the pecking order in terms of characters you'll become invested in here. Some brilliant performances in this.

I'd add the character development is spot-on too - by the end of Series 3, you end up really caring about guys who are nasty as hell, but you kind of want them to be okay. I found myself massively rooting for Atz and his mum in particular, and Sully, of all people.

if I had any idea how to post hidden contents on here, I'd go into more detail about the ending too.

1 minute ago, Grecian said:

I'd add the character development is spot-on too - by the end of Series 3, you end up really caring about guys who are nasty as hell, but you kind of want them to be okay. I found myself massively rooting for Atz and his mum in particular, and Sully, of all people.

if I had any idea how to post hidden contents on here, I'd go into more detail about the ending too.

[ spoiler] and then [ /spoiler] but remove the spaces i have put in

Stick [ spoiler ] at the beginning of your post, then [ / spoiler ] at the end. Delete the spaces, I added those so it wouldn't actually work and you can see how to post in them.

So, the ending of Top Boy (with thanks to @Hannibal Scorch and @PunkStep for tolerating my computing ineptitude):

The change in Sully when he meets his daughter is awesome. DuShane is TopBoy 4 Life, but Sully, i got the feeling he wants more from life and I'm hoping he goes straight and doesn't go to prison again. I'm hoping he didn't kill Driss and just told him to disappear for a while, the shot of Driss' daughter at the end without either of her parents got me. Loved the twist of DuShane getting Jamie out of prison and the junkies in the police station just floored me. I can't wait for Series 4!

Edited by Grecian