UKFF Netflix / Amazon Prime Recommendations Thread

Loki

On 2/19/2020 at 6:57 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

I know it’s AppleTv, but anyone watch Mythic Quest? As it’s got some of the creative team behind Always Sunny figure a few of you may have checked it out

I didn't realise this was coming out yet. Watched it all this weekend, it's really good. Great to see it's already been renewed for season 2 as well.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I didn't realise this was coming out yet. Watched it all this weekend, it's really good. Great to see it's already been renewed for season 2 as well.

I'm halfway through it, having only started earlier today. Really enjoying it. 

Maybe helps that I watched Intelligence with David Schwimmer beforehand which was fucking dreadful.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I didn’t really get the point of that mid season episode which was almost like a back door pilot but wasn’t. I found it entertaining enough overall. Never reaching amazing heights, but it kept me invested and I’ll happily watch the next season 

I Am Not Okay With This

Great stuff. Rattled through it in just over 2 hours and to be honest it probably could’ve been a Netflix film, but it’s very watchable.

Like Trinkets, End Of The Fucking World, On My Block, the episodes are 20ish minutes long and whilst it won’t win many awards for originality, I’d definitely watch more of it, as there’s something intriguing there.

Sophia Lillis in the lead role is really great and definitely one to watch for the future. Her costar Wyatt Oleff too.

I finished watching The Girl on the Third floor last night. It's shit and CM Punk won't be challenging The Rock or Big Match John in the acting charisma stakes. He's not overly bad but he definitely stuck out as even my other half noted how bad he was and she was unaware of who he was. The acting is channel 5  3pm movie standard from everyone though. Should have gotten Rob Lowe to take Punk's part.

What I can say about it is that it felt like they got more out of it than what they should have with what they had and people who like shit horrors just because they're horrors or have interesting effects will probably get a kick out of it. Some of the better bits were very Hellraiser-ish. 

• Paid Members

A lot of you may have seen this when it was on years ago, but Jim Henson's The Storyteller, and the Greek Myths spin-off mini series are on Amazon Prime. John Hurt's the narrator in the first lot, mostly based on European folk tales. 

On 2/28/2020 at 5:02 PM, Mr_Danger said:

I finished watching The Girl on the Third floor last night. It's shit and CM Punk won't be challenging The Rock or Big Match John in the acting charisma stakes. He's not overly bad but he definitely stuck out as even my other half noted how bad he was and she was unaware of who he was. The acting is channel 5  3pm movie standard from everyone though. Should have gotten Rob Lowe to take Punk's part.

What I can say about it is that it felt like they got more out of it than what they should have with what they had and people who like shit horrors just because they're horrors or have interesting effects will probably get a kick out of it. Some of the better bits were very Hellraiser-ish. 

Watched this yesterday. Nevermind Rock or Big Match John, he’s not even going challenging Miz.

Its a film with a wrestler in it, so expectations were low to begin with, but I paused it at around 25minutes to make a cup of tea by which point had been completely upstaged by his dog and a cum-shooting shower. There’s a part where he stands on a marble and screams in pain, give over man. Wait till you knelt on some Lego then you’ll know pain

It’s not the worst thing you’ll ever watch, but if I’d watched it on my own I’d have just felt like I’d wasted my time, so get some beers and a couple of mates round and have a giggle.

Season 2 of Altered Carbon is out now, I've watched the first couple of episodes and it's already an improvement with a better tone being less tacky and with a much better lead actor. I hope the rest keeps it up, it's hard to find good Cyberpunk shows/films.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Watched this yesterday. Nevermind Rock or Big Match John, he’s not even going challenging Miz.

Its a film with a wrestler in it, so expectations were low to begin with, but I paused it at around 25minutes to make a cup of tea by which point had been completely upstaged by his dog and a cum-shooting shower. There’s a part where he stands on a marble and screams in pain, give over man. Wait till you knelt on some Lego then you’ll know pain

It’s not the worst thing you’ll ever watch, but if I’d watched it on my own I’d have just felt like I’d wasted my time, so get some beers and a couple of mates round and have a giggle.

Considering as a wrestler he should have selling down pat I thought his reaction to standing on a marble was hilariously rotten.