This Time with Alan Partridge

chokeout

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Really enjoyed Alan calling the body language lady "Sharon". She was introduced minutes earlier as "Clarissa". He doesn't give two hoots, does he?!

I hadn’t picked up on that!

There so many little things like that, that a lot of people will miss on first viewing. They're brilliant on a second viewing. 

I was re-watching the first episode of season 1 and noticed for the first time that after he had been to the urinal while talking about the importance of washing hands, he didn't actually wash his hands, just held them near the running water while rubbing them, when there was absolutely no reason not to just wash his hands. 

• Paid Members

Someone pointed out Alan's knees clicking when he walks up the stairs on the set - when he goes up them, then squats to talk to the body language expert, the noise is hilarious. 

I don't think it's the best Partridge, but it's like a really fun Partridge sketch show. 

• Paid Members

yeah, I thought it was quite a weak episode - stuff like Alan comparing himself to Christ in the monks segment was just too heavy-handed, and the whole thing lacked the believability of the first series. I'm sure if this had come along as a non-Partridge standalone parody of The One Show/BBC Breakfast format, it would have seemed brilliant, but it just has too much to live up to. 

It had its moments, but it has to live up to the Irish singer in series one, where just Simon's reaction probably made me laugh more than anything on TV in years.

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

yeah, I thought it was quite a weak episode - stuff like Alan comparing himself to Christ in the monks segment was just too heavy-handed, and the whole thing lacked the believability of the first series. I'm sure if this had come along as a non-Partridge standalone parody of The One Show/BBC Breakfast format, it would have seemed brilliant, but it just has too much to live up to. 

It had its moments, but it has to live up to the Irish singer in series one, where just Simon's reaction probably made me laugh more than anything on TV in years.

It's one of the moments of perfect timing isn't it. Like the 'fuckin' ell' in the Father Ted King of Sheep episode. 

• Paid Members

The bit where he's sat in the monastery and it looks like he has robes on, then it cuts and he's wearing a tracksuit in the next scene. 

I think if Jennie does end up going during the series he'll end up having to present with Ruth. Maybe she'll be on honeymoon? 

Him desperately rushing to do the twin reunion at the end was hectic, especially when he keeps calling them by the wrong name. "What about the caravan?" 

• Paid Members

I can’t believe the unraveling of Partridge this week! The umbrage about Jenny’s engagement and the obvious extraordinary tale of his trousers aside, “chicken shop wet wipes ; 10 units” and his being aghast at having to surrender his gloves.... I think this was the best demonstration of Alan’s mental state crumbling since the end of IAP S2. Brilliant stuff.

”This is exactly THEIR level!”

Edited by air_raid