This Time with Alan Partridge

chokeout

• Paid Members

In amongst everything else great about that episode, Alan's delivery of the line "on shaky ground" while standing under a "thin ice" sign made me absolutely fucking howl.

Ā 

Ā 

...oh fuck, I wrote that before having got to the end of the episode. I don't think my body has ever made quite the noises it did when laughing uncontrollably at "Come On Simon!" during that closing number. Fuck.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

I'm having to watch these episodes about 3 times to catch all the subtle brilliance! The moment where they realise what the song at the end was about.. and how the co host mouths 'IRA' to Alan was timed to perfection. They've taken subtle to another level. Its genius.

• Paid Members

The interactions with Ruth Duggan are good. I can't wait to see which one of them completely loses it with the other.

His going off on a tangent in the library with the shelves was.amazing. The whole piece wasĀ funny. The bit where they beeped the first syllable inĀ "Country" gotĀ a giggle out of me.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Thatā€™s how heā€™s getting kicked off the show isnā€™t it? Losing his shit at Ruth Duggan.

I think, for all the flack he got for Alpha Papa, and other things, Tim Key has been note perfect in this series.

What about an episode where Jennie gets takenĀ ill and Ruth has to cover for her?

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

His going off on a tangent in the library with the shelves was.amazing. The whole piece wasĀ funny. The bit where they beeped the first syllable inĀ "Country" gotĀ a giggle out of me.

The sit-down talking about profanities was brilliant, especially with his squeamish facial expressions. At one point he just let out a big disappointed sigh which killed me.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The sit-down talking about profanities was brilliant, especially with his squeamish facial expressions. At one point he just let out a big disappointed sigh which killed me.

I was laughing my arse off when he was pissing about with those wheels and trying to figure out how it works. It's probably something I'd do if I was there, and not on camera.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

When she gives her surname and he thinks it's a profanity from one of those old books and is trying to explain what heĀ thinks it means.

• Paid Members

"Spunk up an opening..."
The absolute innocence in his eyes as he delivered that.

But the 'Clunt/Fluck. Right, I see what I've done there' piece, absolute folded me up. That is probably my favourite moment of television in years, and not one of my mates or work colleagues thought it remotely funny.

Ā