This Time with Alan Partridge

chokeout

Where I think this will be something with immense rewatch value is it is so subtle at times. Also all the hidden bits in the background, or on the screens goes so quick that on a second watch you notice and crack up at it.

The Gibbons brothers, with Coogan, have really layered the character.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I was also starting to get a little bit annoyed at Alan’s new habit of over-emphasising words in a silly voice, and he did it loads in this episode.

You mean when he pronounces anything with a double 'R', like Berry? I don't like that either. I don't remember him doing that in his earlier stuff.

You mean when he pronounces anything with a double 'R', like Berry? I don't like that either. I don't remember him doing that in his earlier stuff.

I always assumed he had gone on a pronunciation course when he got back on TV. Like that's how you should pronounce things. Its my own backstory, but that's the thing with Alan, who fecking knows?

• Paid Members

I thought the finale felt very rushed, particularly towards the end, but I did like how he basically turned the TV show into his radio phone in by the end. The police reconstruction bit was also excellent. 

• Paid Members

I winder whether he'd have a new co-presenter, or whether Jennie will be back under duress. I'm surprised they didn't try and include Ruth Duggan in the episode with Alan having to present on his own. That could have been painful. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PunkStep said:

He started doing it during the Sky Atlantic stuff, when he got his first TV work in a while, as well as in his audiobooks - I saw and listened to these out of order, so I may be a little muddled with the timeline, but I reckon he started doing it with his first audiobook. Since it was his autobiography, he appeared to see it as high art, so upped the pretension factor. If not then, he'd  started doing it by the Sky Atlantic stuff, when he was interviewed at a literary festival.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I winder whether he'd have a new co-presenter, or whether Jennie will be back under duress. I'm surprised they didn't try and include Ruth Duggan in the episode with Alan having to present on his own. That could have been painful. 

I wonder whether you've answered your own question there... Could be amazing if it happens!

• Paid Members
Just now, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I wonder whether you've answered your own question there... Could be amazing if it happens!

A full series could be a bit much. Maybe an episode would be a start.

Is the new series another series of This Time, or more an I'm Alan Partridge type affair dealing with the fallout from these events.