This Time with Alan Partridge

chokeout

• Paid Members

The oneupmanship between Partridge and Sam was very well done. I presume the rest of the series is him desperately trying to land the presenter's gig?

44 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Episode 2 was superb, really superb. It feels like Coogan’s fully warmed up and 100% back to being Alan whereas as he wasn’t *quite* there last week.

Also, Jenny is properly saucy đź‘Ť

I love her a little bit. I think it's because she reminds me of the first girl to properly break my heart. That can't be healthy.

• Paid Members
On 3/4/2019 at 10:42 PM, DJM said:

Just watched the 2nd episode and thought it was great again this week, with parts of it just brilliant to watch. I don't want to say too much about it and spoil it, but the sequence when Partridge takes a seat at the back of the audience made me laugh more than I have laughed in a while, as did the anagram.

Yep that bloke at the end of the back row, so subtly done I almost missed it the first time will be hard to top.

i think more focus on the actual show this week (as aposed to the behind the scenes) worked better.

• Paid Members

There's always going to be a drop off after the first episode. But especially when the first episode is 'event' television, with Radio Times covers and a huge social media event (the email) to remind people that it's on. A bunch of people are going to check it out and decide it isn't for them (which is ALWAYS going to be the case with comedy), and a bunch of others will have forgotten what night of the week it is, and watch it on catch-up.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chris B said:

There's always going to be a drop off after the first episode. But especially when the first episode is 'event' television, with Radio Times covers and a huge social media event (the email) to remind people that it's on. A bunch of people are going to check it out and decide it isn't for them (which is ALWAYS going to be the case with comedy), and a bunch of others will have forgotten what night of the week it is, and watch it on catch-up.

This. I mean i often don't record things on my box anymore as I can just watch it on Iplayer. The only channels I will record is ITV and 4 as there catch up services have adverts I can't skip.

The Beeb are already planning another Alan Partridge show so I don't think they are too concerned. I did watch the first episode of Warren. It's like a shit One Foot In The Grave

• Paid Members

I've watched each episode twice.. and on second watch I spotted so much more than the first. It's the subtle brilliance that makes this show superb. The co host is ace too, some of her subtle reactions are timed to perfection.