This Time with Alan Partridge

chokeout

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, scratchdj said:

It was far too manic

See, I thought that was a great trick because it added to the sense that the wheels had come off and Alan was in a constant state of panic trying to keep up.

I enjoyed the episode. Steady laughs, rather than any huge belly laughs. I think the episode started really well, but the ending was flat.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

A full series could be a bit much. Maybe an episode would be a start.

Is the new series another series of This Time, or more an I'm Alan Partridge type affair dealing with the fallout from these events.

Apparently the thing they're filming at the minute isn't a second series of This Time but a new show.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Apparently the thing they're filming at the minute isn't a second series of This Time but a new show.

Isn't it some Schama style thing? That was the word around the campfire a few weeks ago.

• Paid Members

If it's anything like his re-enactment of the Peasants Revolt of 1381 in This Time, then I'm all for it.

However, Chortle understands that after appearing in the last two Partridge series, Tim Key will not be reprising his sidekick role as Simon Denton.

giphy.gif.06fc0006ed8bc821b3599d7aad115559.gif

Edited by PunkStep

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

It's a good episode. Could have been great with OOC involved as well, since it sounds like he's a little more into Partridge than V1.