This Time with Alan Partridge

chokeout

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
On 1/18/2021 at 11:23 PM, Cousin Jim Bob said:

The OSW review is very odd in only one of the two actually watched it. The other guy just pops in with "aye that sounds funny" every few minutes. Why was he there ?

V1 will have been there so that Jay isn't just floundering through a review on his own, presumably. I think it was just something they threw together as a "Brucie bonus" because the Irish lockdown was making it difficult for them to get new content done as they liked to all be together at the same time. 

I think it's to try and explain some of the Partridge references they sometimes (rarely) use in episodes as well, because a lot of Americans have no idea what the heck Partridge is about. I remember watching something where somebody had edited the Partridge "goal" clip into somebody being really bad and getting  angry at a game of FIFA and a lot of the comments were along the lines of "what the fuck is that dude?". 

Looking forward to the second series. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
10 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Alan is fucked isn’t he? No way he makes it out of this series without losing the show in spectacular fashion. As amazing as it’ll be to watch I can’t see us getting a third series, we never do.

It seems to be the most obvious angle, which is why I think we may get it switched up and Jenny gets an ITV deal and leaves and Alan gets an absolutely dreadful new co-host instead. 

12 hours ago, chokeout said:

Sidekick Simon constantly on the verge of a panic attack genienly had me on edge. 

It's all played so perfectly

What I love about the Alan interactions with Simon is that it REALLY brings out his nasty dark side.

I think with Jennie and Ruth, he is being an absolute arsehole obviously, but he's doing that to make himself look good, most of the time. 

With Simon, he seems like he is just revelling in his misfortune, and it shows his really awful side. There's no attempt to help, he just loves seeing him drown.

Top stuff from everyone involved.