This Time with Alan Partridge

chokeout

• Paid Members

It's was so cruel to have every part of the show finally running so smoothly. he managed to time the walk and talk, the banter with Simon, Simon actually having actual confidence and using the screen correctly and then Alan self destructed. 

In the end it was the only way it could really end and his pathetic version of the speech from Network was a classic lack of self awareness. I'm hoping they manage to go back to a different format, I'd love another series of I'm Alan Partridge but scissored Isle and Places of my life show the character works best in the faux documentary

• Paid Members

The events of the final episode feel like the culmination of Jennie's masterplan to have him ousted by having a lot of stuff go very wrong to spotlight how out of touch he is. It just felt like his history expert not wearing any pants (which was so well executed), the piece about the robot dog where he talks about his "housemaid of colour" and asking about the "sex robot" combined with him managing to lose his mind over the pictures etc was so conveniently timed, especially coinciding with the Princess Anne interview. 

The concern I'd have about a Partridge series set at a right wing news network would be that some right wing people might not get the joke and end up championing Partridge as some kind of bastion of what they stand for. I know he paints it with ridiculously broad strokes here, and it has potential to be brilliant, but I also know what some of those people could be like. 

"The BBC won't let me back in." 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Paid Members

https://alanpartridgelive.com/

Love him or loathe him, we all love Alan Partridge.

Over a multi-decade broadcasting career, this wonderful and surprisingly well-read man has brought delight to millions. And now, in a country riven with discord and disease, Alan is touring the country with a message of hope.

Welcome to STRATAGEM, a live stage show that promises to inform, educate and entertain in approximately equal measure.

Wearing a head-mic favoured by TED talkers, market hawkers, TV evangelists, backing singers and carnival barkers, Alan combines all these roles and more. It’s a manifesto for the way we can move forward, a roadmap to a better tomorrow, an ABC for the way to be.

Devised, written, choreographed, performed and funded by Alan Partridge, Stratagem sees Alan not just treading the boards but pounding them, atop stages graced by such luminaries as Michael Ball, Jack Whitehall and Welsh rockers the Stereophonics.

So join Alan, live on stage, (though patrons are asked not to join Alan live on stage) as he brings STRATAGEM to a city or selected good-sized town near you.

• 2 months later...

I saw Strategem Saturday just gone and thought it was very funny. I was a bit hesitant to believe it would be good going in, as one man character shows tend to be very good or very shite. But delighted it was the former!

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, DCW said:

I saw Strategem Saturday just gone and thought it was very funny. I was a bit hesitant to believe it would be good going in, as one man character shows tend to be very good or very shite. But delighted it was the former!

Glad to hear that as I'm seeing it in Newcastle.