Chippy Tea

Onyx2

17 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Never trust a chippy that serves their food in styrofoam rather than wrapping it in paper.

But this is every chippy along about 80 miles of North Wales coast with the exception of the cardboard boxes they’ve started doing to make the £6 they charge for a small fish and chips seem more reasonable.

• Paid Members
On 11/6/2020 at 7:48 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Not had a Byrne’s chippy in ages as it’s only open on weekdays and the queue outside is usually twenty deep, but I really fancied one tonight. 50 minutes in the freezing cold was worth it. Best chippy in Liverpool.

0104AB3E-E477-45DF-8FF6-5EC16973D2F5.thumb.jpeg.339fa3d9049f1d029aaf7bb8083c96fa.jpeg

Congratulations Frankie, what did it weight?

• Awards Moderator

Found on Reddit posted by an American under the heading "fish and chips". It's spoilered because it's going to trigger the fuck out of everyone. 

Spoiler

ckjz9zjg51061.jpg

I think the redditor was joking, but I'm not completely convinced. 

Edited by Onyx2

• Moderators

Speaking of the US, not my photo, but this is probably the best fish and chips I've ever had in the country. At a pretty good irish pub in town:

druid_fish_2.jpg?format=1000w

Definitely on the poncy side, inferior to most chippies, but superior to most versions which are more like fishfingers on top of McDonalds french fries.