Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Chippy tea related.  We've got a lad with Downs doing work experience at the moment.  Doesn't really say much but enjoys sitting with us when we're having a chat.  Talking about chippy teas, and we got in the subject of different batters.  Someone mentioned beer, someone mentioned soda water, he blurts out, top of his voice "FANNY BATTER".  Happened nearly an hour ago, still giggling.

You sure he’s not Chubby Brown?

Did anyone else used to have a chippy van come round? Like an ice cream van but better. One glorious summer on our estate we had two warring ice cream vans, a candy man, a chippy van and a video man. We never had to leave the estate.

20 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Did anyone else used to have a chippy van come round? Like an ice cream van but better. One glorious summer on our estate we had two warring ice cream vans, a candy man, a chippy van and a video man. We never had to leave the estate.

Yeah we had a van that'd come around a couple times a week after people were getting out of the mosque, you'd get huge fuck off bags of chips compared to any local chippy.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

He’s a funny, randy little bastard.  We’ve finally got him to stop saying “arse on that” whenever a female walks past him.

Went to West Kirby because we wanted to visit a beach.  Found a chippy called Marigolds so obviously it reminded me of Oz.  The sausage was a McWhinneys so you knew it would be top drawer.  Chips were as well. 5 Robson spoons out of 5.  They also won us over because they actually had it listed correctly as "Chip Batch".  Never seen that outside of Cov!

257BDB65-21C8-4A99-A981-F5CD4B97254E

Edited by Keith Houchen
Adebisi Lives

• Paid Members

I stopped in a chip shop near Scarborough today, no photos sadly, but it did haddock, cod, chips, peas, gravy and sausage. Nothing more.

The haddock was unbelievable and the chips were cosmic. Got a sausage for the dog and had to try it to make sure it's not too hot for her and even that pissed on anything back home.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

A bit of a warm up for the UKFF's weekend...

This is only 18 quid to take a crack. The closest UKFFer should give it a go and give us a review. I'd even refund the 18 quid if you don't make the 40 minute time limit myself.