Chippy Tea

Onyx2

The fish is also a fine size and Iā€™m a big fat pig. I Ā  Once had a ā€˜Mega Fishā€™ which was two fillets battered together and it was ridiculous. Even standard big size chippy fish is a bit too much for me. Probably all the bread and butter I have though to be fair.

• Paid Members

Went to Llandudno today and got fed at Barnacles. Fish n chips n curry sauce as standard, scampi as Mrs raid loves it, and a battered sausage because sheā€™d never tried it. The sausage was exactly like every other, the curry was good, the fish was good if a little pricey at Ā£4.80. However, the scampi was both fresh tasting and crunchy coated, and the chips were exceptional. Donā€™t recall chips as crispy on the outside excusing actual battered chips. Probably best chippy visit since Fish Over Chips in Grange Over Sands. Still had room for a custard slice from Gerrards and some ice cream.

A309C693-5596-46DD-8153-037EB78CB692.jpeg

A898E3C1-1A50-484C-9670-CED6F8985E4F.jpeg

92C9675F-E9E5-4F7B-BE62-3938452494DF.jpeg

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I still don't get why people put fish and chips on a plate rather than just eat them in the paper.Ā 

It's posh, like sticking your little finger out when having a cup of tea or a wank.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I donā€™t get the hate for pale chips, I really donā€™t.Ā TheyĀ were cooked to perfection with a bit of crisp on the outside and super fluffy on the inside. Not greasy, not floppy, just excellent chippy chips.

If the fish isnā€™t big enough for your liking, maybe itā€™d help if I explained that the plate is the size of a championship-standardĀ chess board.

I'll let the pale chips thing go...if that is your thing then so be it...but that plate doesn't look big at all, its barely bigger than the fork! Going to have to see a ruler in the next photo

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

If you are having a chippy tea the most you should have to wash up is a fork.Ā 

What about if you like to combine all the different aspects of your chippie tea onto the one plate so you can see it in full glory.Ā 

• Paid Members

Itā€™s the sachets of Heinz garlic sauce that caught my attention. Original recipe, not that horrible ā€œTurkish styleā€ they switched it to. Had to switch to Hellmanā€™s, you hate to see it.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Itā€™s the sachets of Heinz garlic sauce that caught my attention. Original recipe, not that horrible ā€œTurkish styleā€ they switched it to. Had to switch to Hellmanā€™s, you hate to see it.

Itā€™s Tartar sauce

Sorry for no pictures again but the Atlantic Fish Bar on Wellington Road South, Stockport was a fucking joke.

I ordered a fish and got a boomerang cooked in the wrong oil which just leaked like a sieve and gave me the shits. The chips were passable at best.Ā 

0 stars for food.Ā 

5 stars for bowel treatment.Ā 

(Should have just gone to the one in Great Moor which looked infinitely better.)Ā 

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Rule One said:

Sorry for no pictures again but the Atlantic Fish Bar on Wellington Road South, Stockport was a fucking joke.

I ordered a fish and got a boomerang cooked in the wrong oil which just leaked like a sieve and gave me the shits. The chips were passable at best.Ā 

0 stars for food.Ā 

5 stars for bowel treatment.Ā 

(Should have just gone to the one in Great Moor which looked infinitely better.)Ā 

The whole of the A6 is a bit of a shit show for food.