Sign in to follow this  
Onyx2

Chippy Tea

Had music on most of the day. Let It Be came on about an hour ago and now I’m digesting this.

F3036E14-7D58-4FD9-82A1-CE414BD48E96.thumb.jpeg.5eb25bc60196f1c7dc13b87961eca5ff.jpeg

Can an admin rename @King Coconut as Pavlov, please?

Edited by Frankie Crisp

Some chip shops in Leicester are doing home deliveries. Is that how you got your rather spiffing looking plate of food?

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Some chip shops in Leicester are doing home deliveries. Is that how you got your rather spiffing looking plate of food?

Yeah, got it brought to me. My shares in Deliveroo are expected any day now.

22 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Had music on most of the day. Let It Be came on about an hour ago and now I’m digesting this.

F3036E14-7D58-4FD9-82A1-CE414BD48E96.thumb.jpeg.5eb25bc60196f1c7dc13b87961eca5ff.jpeg

Can an admin rename @King Coconut as Pavlov, please?

That looks fucking fantastic. 
2 x sausages

batter golden

right consistency of mushy peas

chips a mix of soft and crispy

Thick and dark gravy  

and a fork 

9/10 

My local chippy is still open. You can still collect but they are only letting 2 in at a time I think. Havnt been in a couple of weeks and I'm missing having a bag of chips lol.

One of mine reopens on Tuesday for click and collect or delivery only. Good Friday is back on!

Our chippy reopend so succumbed and had my first chippy of the year. Fat bastard carb overload special - Chip butty with a pattie (I don't eat fish).

11/10.

20200418_124702_copy_1612x907.jpg

My favourite local chippy has been shut for the past month. I still check if it has reopened every time I drive by it in the evening coming back from work. The only other one I like that I know is open has a limited menu. The only fish they have appears to be Birdseye frozen fish fillets.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Our chippy reopend so succumbed and had my first chippy of the year. Fat bastard carb overload special - Chip butty with a pattie (I don't eat fish).

11/10.

20200418_124702_copy_1612x907.jpg

I love that the "chip butty" is basically a portion of chips with a bread roll on the side :D great work  

On 3/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, King Coconut said:

This could've gone in many threads but this it where it lives.

I've obviously been socially distancing myself from this thread & have only just seen this. Forget Post of the Year, that's Post of All-Time.

Our local chippy has been closed for Lockdown.  They'll strugg6to open back up as a fully functioning takeaway chippy.  As the social distancing requirement will be a knightmare to manage. A few KFCs have opened up recently. Does anyone have experience of how they are managing the take away element of their business? 

@SuperBacon I believe a Pattie is a battered burger.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

What's a Pattie again?

27 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Our local chippy has been closed for Lockdown.  They'll strugg6to open back up as a fully functioning takeaway chippy.  As the social distancing requirement will be a knightmare to manage. A few KFCs have opened up recently. Does anyone have experience of how they are managing the take away element of their business? 

@SuperBacon I believe a Pattie is a battered burger.

It's battered potato and sage. Bit like a fish cake with no fish. It's fuck all but 100% gluttony really. And delicious of course.