Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite local chippy has been shut for the past month. I still check if it has reopened every time I drive by it in the evening coming back from work. The only other one I like that I know is open has a limited menu. The only fish they have appears to be Birdseye frozen fish fillets.

• Paid Members
On 3/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, King Coconut said:

This could've gone in many threads but this it where it lives.

I've obviously been socially distancing myself from this thread & have only just seen this. Forget Post of the Year, that's Post of All-Time.

• Paid Members

Our local chippy has been closed for Lockdown.  They'll strugg6to open back up as a fully functioning takeaway chippy.  As the social distancing requirement will be a knightmare to manage. A few KFCs have opened up recently. Does anyone have experience of how they are managing the take away element of their business? 

@SuperBacon I believe a Pattie is a battered burger.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

What's a Pattie again?

27 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Our local chippy has been closed for Lockdown.  They'll strugg6to open back up as a fully functioning takeaway chippy.  As the social distancing requirement will be a knightmare to manage. A few KFCs have opened up recently. Does anyone have experience of how they are managing the take away element of their business? 

@SuperBacon I believe a Pattie is a battered burger.

It's battered potato and sage. Bit like a fish cake with no fish. It's fuck all but 100% gluttony really. And delicious of course.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, BigJag said:

Our local chippy has been closed for Lockdown.  They'll strugg6to open back up as a fully functioning takeaway chippy.  As the social distancing requirement will be a knightmare to manage.

Ours opened for delivery or click and collect. You order, get given a time slot and it’s 1 in at a time. Working ok so far