Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

I've started to ask for the fish and the chips to be packed separately and the texture of the batter is much nicer. Stays crispier all around by the time it gets home. I look forward to being judged on this action by everyone in this thread.

I've never been to a chippy that didn't do that. Must be another North/South thing

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've started to ask for the fish and the chips to be packed separately and the texture of the batter is much nicer. Stays crispier all around by the time it gets home. I look forward to being judged on this action by everyone in this thread.

10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I've never been to a chippy that didn't do that. Must be another North/South thing

Every chippy I ever frequented in the West Midlands would pack fish and chips together unless asked otherwise.

Not a sparkling contribution, but I really miss chips.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I have to say I've never heard of them being wrapped seperate. This information feels like a spiritual awakening, chomping at the bit to get to the hippie and trying them wrapped seperate. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Often do this myself for the same reason.

4 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

I can get cod and chips at my local chippy for £3.80.

I can get that up North, however rural Gloucestershire was like nearly 6 quid for battered Sausage and Chips. 

Where is cheapest for fish and chips anyway 

30 minutes ago, patiirc said:

I can get that up North, however rural Gloucestershire was like nearly 6 quid for battered Sausage and Chips. 

Where is cheapest for fish and chips anyway 

I live in the South Devon coast, so most of the touristy chippies are at least 7 quid for a medium sized portion. Because I live away from the harbour or the pier/promenade area my local is much more reasonably priced.

31 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I live in the South Devon coast, so most of the touristy chippies are at least 7 quid for a medium sized portion. Because I live away from the harbour or the pier/promenade area my local is much more reasonably priced.

Ouch.. 

Cheaper than that in London, though no decent chippers anywhere, bahhh