Chippy Tea

Onyx2

Has anyone else noticed the size of cod portions has come down.

I usually get a small cod as I have a battered sausage as well.  The small cod of the weekend was fucking tiny.  Apparently the price of cod has gone up again, I blame Brexit.

• Paid Members
On 2/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

I've started to ask for the fish and the chips to be packed separately and the texture of the batter is much nicer. Stays crispier all around by the time it gets home. I look forward to being judged on this action by everyone in this thread.

Standard practice for me now, too. Not only do they stay crisper but you get a bigger chip portion. Psychologically there's something in serving chips on their own that makes the server more generous. Also you sometimes get places that will box chips when with something but put them straight in paper if on their own. That box severely impacts portion generosity in my experience. 

On 2/23/2020 at 11:01 PM, Loki said:

Has anyone else noticed the size of cod portions has come down.

I usually get a small cod as I have a battered sausage as well.  The small cod of the weekend was fucking tiny.  Apparently the price of cod has gone up again, I blame Brexit.

Is it even cod? No idea if it's bullshit or not but I remember hearing how many chippies use cheaper white fish.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Is it even cod? No idea if it's bullshit or not but I remember hearing how many chippies use cheaper white fish.

Supermarkets and other brands use pollock a lot, which is shite, but I've never seen a chippy use it. Any chippy I've ever been in names what fish you're getting.

Edited by Devon Malcolm