Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

I'm going to this place tomorrow:

image.png.36f34c6f073414fcf708e80415ff46bd.png

It's on the Wirral and is renowned for the best chips on the wrong side of the water. The mate I'm going with offered up four different areas to go for a few hours - all over the region - but knowing Parkgate had this open, I casually said we should wander down and take in the view of the River Dee and beyond as it would be great for us both. We could feel the breeze, chat about all kinds and give our mental health a kick-start.

I couldn't give a fuck about that. I just want boss chips and feel I still need to make it up to you all for that plate of slop I posted last year.

Leave it with me.

48 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

It's on the Wirral and is renowned for the best chips on the wrong side of the water. The mate I'm going with offered up four different areas to go for a few hours - all over the region - but knowing Parkgate had this open, I casually said we should wander down and take in the view of the River Dee and beyond as it would be great for us both. We could feel the breeze, chat about all kinds and give our mental health a kick-start.

I couldn't give a fuck about that. I just want boss chips and feel I still need to make it up to you all for that plate of slop I posted last year.

Leave it with me.

This place is mint.  Parking is shit though and there'll be a queue in a Saturday.  Decent Ice Cream just a bit further on for pudding too.

43 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hopefully better than the time you went to that place in London that was about 50 quid per chip. No, not the Spurs ground. 

Ironically, when the stadium opened, fans kicked off that there were no 'just chips' options.

They'd obviously missed the banging vegan food on offer.

10 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Leave it with me.

You have to wade through a sea of top knotted wankers but I love Parkgate based solely on the chippy and the ice cream. The pub at the far end of the strip (not the big cheap carvery pub)did great food too.

• Awards Moderator

It was decent!

C3865064-E89A-4131-BC32-9590004B01F8.thumb.jpeg.29fad3e251e0116aa8dc5eda270529ce.jpeg

Would have preferred a larger serving and for slightly thicker gravy, but considering we got served ten minutes after it opened I was impressed with the chips not being like a typical early batch. The peas were gorgeous. Sausages were above average. Wouldn’t be my first choice of chippy but I’ve had much, much worse.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

The sickening reality is the only reason I've become so vocal in this thread is because the below atrocity is the only deep-fried fish I can find within 50km of my house. Unspecified quadrilateral fish piece with aioli and potato salad. Just like Nana Helga used to make. The other alternative was the same piece of fish in a dry baguette. Chippy Tea! 

20200523-142241.jpg

Edited by King Coconut