Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Just channel hopping and heard Rick Stein say that re : eating by the seaside “I just don’t think the British get it right” and referred to the smell of the sea and seaweed stirring up “appetites that fish and chips and an ice cream.... well....” tailing off condescendingly. For the first time ever I thought “You’re a prick, Stein.”

Later on he watched French people in Brittany scoffing seafood and said “I wonder what the equivalent in Cornwall would be. A pasty and a pint of scrumpy in a pub, I suppose.” Really above it all, isn’t he?

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

What's all that white shit over the beans and chips?

I assume it’s mayo. Or to give it its proper title, white shit.

• Paid Members

PRI_169431852.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

90356462_2556724014580497_59326612267304

I don't often get patriotic (the last time was when Lord Mountevans revealed he'd been punched in the face RIGHT HERE IN EDINBURGH!!!), but our nation's chippies bravely innovating in the face of a pandemic brings a tear to the eye. When mother nature gave them her worst, they gave us their best.

The latter one's square sausage btw. Google says I can get there (Kincardine) in under an hour, definitely going to make that journey when shit's more back to normal. The battered pickled onion's in Glasgow, going to need some local to step up!

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Never trust a chippy that serves their food in styrofoam rather than wrapping it in paper.

I’ve found this to be spectacularly untrue at many seaside towns in both England and Wales, where polystyrene is prevalent and the chippies are excellent.