Chippy Tea

Onyx2

Sadly I can't help you with Edinburgh but if you're ever through in Glasgow then Chippy Doon The Lane off Buchanan Street which is one of the main streets in the city centre as well as McMonagles in Clydebank would be my two reccomendations. 

McMonagles is a converted boat, its static on the forth and clyde canal but give it a google its cool.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’ve lived in Edinburgh for a couple of years and would be keen to know the best places to get a good chippy tea here.

Depends what part of the city you live but my personal favourites are Cafe Piccante on Broughton Street and the Gorgie Fry in Gorgie funnily enough.

Ok so it isn't from actual chippy, but here's something for you. Fash, chops and mushy peas from the Black Lion in Brighton:

Ta4s200.jpg

RHsm69E.jpg

The fish was melt in your mouth, batter light and crispy, and the mushy peas - despite served in the form of jus - were very tasty. Only criticism goes to the "triple cooked" chips, which perhaps owing to some over frying were slightly dry in the middle. That said, they had a lovely thickness and crunch, which saved them from being below ** on the Meltzer scale.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Ok so it isn't from actual chippy, but here's something for you. Fash, chops and mushy peas from the Black Lion in Brighton:

Great pub that, and proper sound staff too. My Dad took a fall and knocked himself silly outside there last year and they were fantastic, kept us all calm while we waited for the ambulance and did everything they could to help. Sorry, bit off topic there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Lads, spur of the moment I’ll be in Liverpool City Centre most of today with Mrs raid, any chippy recommendations within walking distance of Liverpool One?

If you’re in Liverpool and you spot a 6ft fat guy wearing a Bullet Club T-shirt walking around with a 5’3 blonde girl, go say hello. It won’t be me, but it’s nice to be nice.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Lads, spur of the moment I’ll be in Liverpool City Centre most of today with Mrs raid, any chippy recommendations within walking distance of Liverpool One?

If you’re in Liverpool and you spot a 6ft fat guy wearing a Bullet Club T-shirt walking around with a 5’3 blonde girl, go say hello. It won’t be me, but it’s nice to be nice.

I'd head up to Chinatown if I was in your position.

Won't necessarily be swimming in Fish and Chips but you'll get salt and pepper and all that shite.

• Awards Moderator
51 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Paging our Liverpool ambassador @Frankie Crisp to the thread

Side note, Liverpool One is really nice. Stayed there last year for work.

Johnny English is the only contender for a chippy in town, @air_raid. It’s on Bold Street, a five minute walk from L1.

719E2724-1031-4648-BF2D-0FEC1688456C.thumb.jpeg.b13523167867753912fd11062291009c.jpeg