Wrestling unpopular opinions

Jacko

• Paid Members

I'm the same with Andrade. Had only ever seen him in NXT previously and for the most part he bored the fuck out of me. So far in AEW he hasn't done much to blow me away either (not that he's had much chance yet). I found all the hype around the time of his AEW debut quite puzzling.

I genuinely can't see him hitting the heights of a Pac or Miro.

12 hours ago, boshealecta said:

If the person don’t like Darby Allin they don’t like him.  The whole point is it’s an unpopular opinion, so course it ain’t gonna make sense to most. 

No-ones saying that they can’t like them, but if your going to call something a rip-off of something else it needs to go beyond “they both have skateboards”

• Paid Members

From what I've seen of him, he's basically an update of Jeff Hardy, mixed with a bit of Spike Dudley. Alt-cool daredevil who's popular with the scene girls/gays, sacrificing his body every time to get a win because he knows his size limitations.

• Paid Members

Darby Allin has the best suicide dive in the history of the sport. Looks like he puts every ounce of energy into it, with zero regard for his own safety, to hit his opponent as fast and as hard as possible, with whatever body part gravity determines to hit first. Everyone else should just stop doing it. They’re all weak as piss compared to Darby.

• Awards Moderator
37 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I'm the same with Andrade. Had only ever seen him in NXT previously and for the most part he bored the fuck out of me. So far in AEW he hasn't done much to blow me away either (not that he's had much chance yet). I found all the hype around the time of his AEW debut quite puzzling.

I genuinely can't see him hitting the heights of a Pac or Miro.

Andrade’s an interesting one. He took a while to gel in NXT as well, it was a good while and a gimmick overhaul (and a Zelina Vega) before he really hit his stride and became (for me) a highlight of the shows. Maybe he’s just not a ‘peak on night 1’ type.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

- has consistently great matches, hasn't had a match anything less than good in about a year.

- wrestles a unique style which makes both him and his matches stand out.

- matches have great psychology that perfectly fit his size, style and character and his opponent.

- makes his opponents look great, even in defeat.

- bumps like a fucking lunatic. Frequently comes up with really creative and inventive spots.

- his look and character is different from everything else at the moment. Constantly making small changes and additions to keep things fresh.

- has the goth/punk/daredevil thing going on which is always popular with a lot of fans.

- hangs around with Sting.

That's the appeal.

And?....

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Well you asked...

"What the fuck is the appeal of Darby Allin?"

...so I told you and now you know. Not asking you to like him. Although the Dynamic Dudes comparison was pretty stupid.

I was trying to be funny but might stop there then…

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I'm more bothered by the fact that he's an alleged abuser, an accusation that seems to have been conveniently forgotten now that CM Punk's made him his pet project.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm more bothered by the fact that he's an alleged abuser, an accusation that seems to have been conveniently forgotten now that CM Punk's made him his pet project.

I’d like to think that wouldn’t be an unpopular opinion tbh.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

An accusation made last year. He was only publicly named this year, but it was investigated last year. He was cleared by AEW based on texts and DM’s he shared with them. No lawsuits or legal action has taken place. Riddle had a lawsuit but everyone seems to ignore that now, so where do we draw the line?

Anyway, if your going to compare Darby Allin to someone with a Skateboard, why not this guy image.thumb.jpeg.b1a0c0b1e336ec860aef56e6b48e09ec.jpeg