Wrestling unpopular opinions

Jacko

• Paid Members

Taking the belt off Hogan before the Starrcade match with Sting doesn't make sense. He doesn't have that same aura as its already been demonstrated that he can be beaten. Surely you want Hogan to hold the belt all the way until Starrcade, then for Sting to overcome him and that's how the first part of the nWo plays out. It was probably Hogan playing politics to undermine everything. Luger's only champion for a week, making the win look pointless and Sting's win at Starrcade is over a Hogan who we already know is fallible. Heck if the roles had been reversed we all know Hogan would have ploughed through the whole nWo by Halloween Havoc '96.

On 9/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, Merzbow said:

Low Ki would have been a multi time world champion if he wasn't such a weird dickhead.

I did like him. His gimmick should have went more full on angry midget. I'm thinking Scrappy Doo. I'm not even kidding, I liked the way he stood and presented himself, he had something almost animalistic about his appearance. I'd have booked him as a brain dead, no fear, angry, hardman midget. He'd either get the shit kicked out of him or lay down the beating himself. And he'd keep coming back for more. 

Also, playing dress up in wrestling is over the top and lame these days, but I did like in went he appeared as Hitman in Japan. It was cool. 

Shame he's a dick. 

Edited by LEGIT

Yeah Low Ki was money. They neutered from the off with that LayCool stuff. I mean Ki probably would’ve fucked it up anyway with his toxic attitude but they clearly weren’t pushing him in good faith from the off. Probably because he was an indy darling. 

On 9/20/2019 at 10:17 PM, ElCece said:

2) Rene Dupree was fucking good. La resistance, the French Tickle, Fifi and his tag with Kenzo Suzuki. All underrated

Rene was really good, I've never heard anyone say otherwise. I think he'd have been back in WWE long ago were it not for the wellness policy. I'd be very surprised if AEW don't sign him.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

Rene was really good, I've never heard anyone say otherwise. I think he'd have been back in WWE long ago were it not for the wellness policy. I'd be very surprised if AEW don't sign him.

I've never had anyone agree with me! 

He's a good worker with a great look that hasn't been seen for years on national TV so would be a fresh face for AEW instead of being seen as a WWE cast-off. Plus he's a big guy too which is something they are sorely lacking at the moment. Plus he speaks French so he'd a be a good guy to have if they wanted to run in Quebec or have TV in the French speaking world. If I was Tony Khan I'd sign him in a heartbeat.