Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

How much, roughly, does five days or a week staying there cost? Hotel, park tickets etc...

Top tip- when we went to DLP years ago we saved about £200 by going from Sun-Thu, rather than Mon-Fri. Not sure if that would still be the case, but worth looking into if you can make those days!

• Awards Moderator

Mrs HG and I were also considering another Paris trip this winter, with the new Avengers Campus as the excuse (not that I needed one). It looked like mid-January was the cheapest time to go but I got very confused looking at all the different price options, so if there's a handy prep guide for getting the best value I'd also find it very useful!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I quite like DLP at Christmas time (I actually went to Paris for Christmas but all of the public transport was on strike one day and the only bus that seemed to running was the one to Disneyland). That said, it can be bloody freezing in Paris in December. I did a bus tour of Christmas lights and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Stuck in traffic, cold, raining, etc.

• Paid Members

A top tip is always pack thermals! They don't take up much room, but the weather in DLP can be mad. One December one day I had thermals on and a coat as it got to 2 degrees, the next day it was 23 degrees in the morning. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

• Paid Members

Sea world day today.

Totally dead walked on every ride with zero wait time.  Brought the refill cup then shared it between the 3 of us. Worth every penny, refill watermelon slush is the best. 

Put my son on ice breaker hard to judge if he liked it or not to be fair he didn’t hate it. He did love the new rapids ride there got soaked though to the skin mind. Loved the penguins exhibit. Sadly the wild artic was closed as it was part of their halloween after hours party. 

We got there dead on opening rode what we wanted saw the shows and was out by 4. Thunder has currently closed our hotels pool sadly. 

Never used lyft before but it’s super easy and cheaper than paying to park. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

Universal islands day. 

Got there on opening to find forbidden closed. It remained that way for about 3 hours

Loved hagirds it’s the right level coaster for the family enough thrills without being to much 

However….velocicoaster scared the living shit out of me. I like coasters but that airtime? I came off with a blister under my ring finger from the terror of holding on.  

My son loved the kong ride I did to it’s very well done. 

At Disney now and it’s heaving the dollar to pound is making everything stupidly expensive lucky we got dining credits and gift card. I don’t know how you afford it other wise. 

The genie isn’t working to many people have it. At haunted mansion there was a lightning lane line snaking outside the ride!! 

Epcot was busy to today but the extra half hour allowed a easy ratatouille ride. We more or less got in everything although frozen was down all day.

loved gotg hit the virtual line button dead on 7 ride at 2.30. Great ride.

Typhoon lagoon never gets boring had a great time there yesterday afternoon. 

Skyliner at pop is a game changer I nipped out  alone last night 10 minutes I was at Hollywood studios and single rider walked onto the smugglers run with zero wait. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

Loved loved loved rise. What a great experience. Also enjoyed a ronto wrap.

currently sat in pop waiting for Ian. Disney have been great all fresh bedding delivered a flash light and free Disney movies on the tv.

They had the pools open until a hour ago so took the lad for a swim. 

Food court is crazy lined for an hour to get pizza. Lucky I got a Amazon shop in a few days ago so we have lunch and breakfast here. 

hoping to be back in a park Friday 

• Paid Members
On 9/29/2022 at 12:40 PM, Liam O'Rourke said:

Weirdly enough, I'm in Pop too right now. You get that fun phone alert at 3:25am?

No we didn’t what was it? 

The parks are open like nothing ever happened today. The only noticeable difference was the skyliner line was so long this morning it went past pop and all the way back to art. We got a Lyft to Epcot in the end. 

loved the shaved ice at the Japanese pavilion 

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Some of my family are going Disney World Florida next year. Does anyone know anything I could possible get them for when they are there as a Christmas present?

Not sure if there’s anything like fast passes or anything else you can buy as a gift.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Weezenal said:

Some of my family are going Disney World Florida next year. Does anyone know anything I could possible get them for when they are there as a Christmas present?

Not sure if there’s anything like fast passes or anything else you can buy as a gift.

You can get e-gift cards via ShopDIsney.com that can be spent on property.

https://www.shopdisney.com/gift-cards.html