Jump to content

Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few months ago I found my old fucking incredible WWF wallet. It still had some Summerslam 92 cards inside. Basically Christmas. Anyway, I’ve been using it and I’ve never needed to use the coin/

Better than Maccy Ds. You should start a Disney podcast.

Bistrot Chez Remy where you're shrunk down to the size of a rat, but it's in the Walt Disney Studios Park rather than Disneyland itself.  If either of you like princesses then Auberge de Cendrillon is

Posted Images

  • Paid Members

There's tons of D23 content on YouTube and for free D23 members so I would think that it will filter down once they've done the online Gold premieres.

Even I'm not a gold member, I'll be watching it with Mrs JB as she lords it over me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

We've decided that next time we go, we are doing the keys to the kingdom tour.

I've always been tempted with some kind of tour but I'm terrible at choosing, plus never know what to ditch to make time for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I've always been tempted with some kind of tour but I'm terrible at choosing, plus never know what to ditch to make time for it.

That's the big decision.  We will probably be doing 16 or 17 days to fit something like this in.  We did the Seaworld behind the scenes one last time and it was great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
17 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I've always been tempted with some kind of tour but I'm terrible at choosing, plus never know what to ditch to make time for it.

It's definitely a balance, but if there's something that you can only see or get on the tours (like the exclusive pins!) there usually worth it.  We took half a day out of a Disneyland trip to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps, as it's the only way for a day tripper to visit his apartment above the fire station, and it was worth both the time and money.

At world I've always wanted to do Behind the Seeds as well as Keys to the Kingdom (got to see those Utilidors for myself!).

We also did the Star Wars tour at Hollywood Studios when it still included the fireworks party.  That was really good value with the fireworks and puddings included.  I'm not sure it still exists in pudding or not form now that Galaxy's Edge is open.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

That's the big decision.  We will probably be doing 16 or 17 days to fit something like this in.  We did the Seaworld behind the scenes one last time and it was great.

A few years back we won something when we got to Seaworld. Can't remember exactly what it was, but we got a guy that showed us around all day and it was like a VIP tour type thing. I really enjoyed that. Definitely the best day I've had at Seaworld by far.

But yep, as with every trip to Orlando we take, it's very much a pick and choose scenario. I've been going every few years since 2008 and still not managed to fit in a Kennedy Space Centre trip because I never want to drop anything else!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, johnnyboy said:

It's definitely a balance, but if there's something that you can only see or get on the tours (like the exclusive pins!) there usually worth it.  We took half a day out of a Disneyland trip to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps, as it's the only way for a day tripper to visit his apartment above the fire station, and it was worth both the time and money.

At world I've always wanted to do Behind the Seeds as well as Keys to the Kingdom (got to see those Utilidors for myself!).

We also did the Star Wars tour at Hollywood Studios when it still included the fireworks party.  That was really good value with the fireworks and puddings included.  I'm not sure it still exists in pudding or not form now that Galaxy's Edge is open.

Yeah having been reading a lot more on Walt in books in recent times, and a few different books from the Imagineers etc, I'm definitely learning towards a tour of some kind. I'm a lot more into the history of it all now, especially with the documentaries on Disney Plus too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Has anyone been to Disney world in early November? 

With my trip this October not happening im looking to next year, I really dont want to be there for the anniversary so thought early November would be better. The prices are quite a bit cheaper to. My only concern is weather for swimming as my son loves Typhoon. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
3 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

My only concern is weather for swimming as my son loves Typhoon. 

 

One of the water parks will almost certainly be closed for maintenance then but it isn't always the same one.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Disney-Water-Park-Closure-Schedule-History-p-1313.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
19 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Has anyone been to Disney world in early November? 

With my trip this October not happening im looking to next year, I really dont want to be there for the anniversary so thought early November would be better. The prices are quite a bit cheaper to. My only concern is weather for swimming as my son loves Typhoon. 

 

Early November gets a little cooler, and some water parks maybe closed by then. Better off with late October into November

Link to post
Share on other sites

We went 6th November last year and it was scorching the first 3 days we were there, kids were in the pool until 10 at night and it was still warm and humid then. We then went on a cruise from Port Canaveral for a week and when we got back to Orlando it was quite a bit cooler than those first 3 days. Nowhere near the sort of freezing November weather we get but noticeably cooler than the week before.

We're planning on going again in a few years time and we're thinking of going the same week as it seemed like a good balance of decent weather, the parks not being too chaotic on the two weekdays we visited as it's outside of the UK and US school holidays and after the Halloween rush. They also start gearing up for Christmas then which made being in the parks at night even better including seeing them filming some of the Christmas party and turning the Christmas lights on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...