Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

2 hours ago, King Coconut said:

I've survived and enjoyed the following cities without an excel table, so let's not pretend this level of planning is normal.

London, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Prague, Barcelona, Munich, Ooh Vienna, Washington D.C., Madrid and Athens.

I was quoting someone who said it was necessary for a city trip and merely pointing out that it isn't but I agree, you can do what you like. 

A spreadsheet, I agree with you there. But you still need a fair amount of planning for places that youve mentioned "to get the best of it", which is what I said. Going to Paris, Rome, Barcelona, etc with little to no planning would still be good, but youd end up wasting a huge amount of time wandering aimlessly, or spending hours on public transport doubling back on yourself countless times. If youre spending a fair chunk of change on going somewhere, then surely spending a few hours planning on what you want to see and the best way to see them is the bare minimum that should be done

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Galactic Starcruiser press events happened this week.

Absolutely spoilerific 3 hr video from The DIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqNHJHO64I

Less spoilerific half hour summary from DFB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vqn0S0Atu8

Not for me, Clive.

Agreed. I love a Star War but a two day immersive theatre experience sounds and looks hellish.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Galactic Starcruiser press events happened this week.

Absolutely spoilerific 3 hr video from The DIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqNHJHO64I

Less spoilerific half hour summary from DFB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vqn0S0Atu8

Not for me, Clive.

60 second version here 

Disney would not allow any negative reviews to be posted. Some have been OTT positive, most interesting review was Nerdist who had a good time, but as a freebie and say they wouldn’t pay the current rates for the experience 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

My grumbles about pay2skip continue, look at these prices from the excellent NumLock News. Nobody wins!

image.png.e1426e3bc56673595fc4e8ca50962be0.png

It flopped when Disneyland Paris first tried it. Their new version, Premier Access doesn’t seem that popular either (only based on the people I know who went recently saw no one using the separate queue lines at all. 

In the UK booking a Disney Holiday they now offer it as a discount priced add on but you still have to pay on top for lightning lane access (which is the ppp costs above are) which you buy with Genie+. You don’t need to buy it as long as you’re happy with planning your days and queuing which you’d have had to of done anyway.

• Awards Moderator
28 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

That information isn't quite correct @Onyx2.  You do not need Genie+ to buy the individual ride selections on the marquee rides (Rise, Flight of Passage, Remy, and Snow White) they can just be bought by anyone in the Genie app whether they have Genie+ or not.  They're explicitly not included in Genie+

Genie is a free planning* app service.

*Disney crowd management planner

Genie+ is $15.98 per person per day at WDW (can be bought for individual days, not required for the full stay but the Disney UK deal makes it attractive) and that gives you access for the ability to attempt to book "lightning lanes" at a return time.  What it doesn't give you access to are individual lightning lanes...

Individual lightning lanes for the marquee attractions that are not included in the Genie+ service can be bought by anyone whether or not they have paid for Genie+.

It's an absolute fucking mess.  Whoever came up with it needs to be fired into the fucking sun.

Thanks for 'clarifying'. What a nightmare. I'm aware how we got here (I watched that YouTube video on FastPass everyone watched earlier this year) and it's just one of those evolved systems of layer of fixes upon fixes that ends up Frankensteining.

• Paid Members

We’re now <60 days out and have “booked” everything we wanted to including park reservations and dining - got lunch at Cinderella’s Castle, lunch at Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom, dinner at Space 220 and a dessert party for the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

I’m leaving all the Genie+ and the Lightning Lanes stuff to my mate as I just don’t understand it all. I get a mental block every time she tries to explain it to me and I’m pretty sure it’s not that complicated.

Am I right in thinking that if you want to get a Lightning Lane it has to be done on the day at they open at 7am (on-site guests)?

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Monkee said:

Am I right in thinking that if you want to get a Lightning Lane it has to be done on the day at they open at 7am (on-site guests)?

That is correct.

I had lunch at CRT as well. The food back then was good, not great, but you're paying for the experience more then anything and for where you are. Space 220 looks interesting from the pictures of food I have seen and Y&Y is a firm favourite, but I don't think I have ever eaten in Animal Kingdom oddly.

Can't wait to hear about the trip though 🙂

• Paid Members

Thanks @Hannibal Scorch, CRT is something my mate really wants to do but it sounds like a good experience. We’ve never really done any proper dining at any of the parks before, just grabbed a burger or something as we go along. I’m just really looking forward to exploring more of the Disney resort that we’ve not done before. I want to go to the Boardwalk and that sort of thing. Disney Springs has also massively expanded and we didn’t get to explore it properly the last time we were there.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Eating your dinner in the castle surrounded by princesses is fantastic fun.  Big fan of dessert parties too as you get a good spot saved while you're eating enough chocolate puddings to put an entire village into a diabetic coma.

I did the Star Wars Dessert Party at Hollywood Studios the last time we were there and that was fantastic. I’m looking forward to the MK version.

We’re also going to Hollywood Studios on May 4th so I’m hoping that turns out to be a good choice at Galaxy’s Edge. If not, we have another day pencilled in just in case.

• 1 month later...

We are going to Orlando for a fortnight and fancied visiting the Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge park for one or two days.

Am I looking in the wrong places, or is the one & only way to get in there to buy a 14 day ticket for all 6 Disney parks?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, dopper said:

We are going to Orlando for a fortnight and fancied visiting the Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge park for one or two days.

Am I looking in the wrong places, or is the one & only way to get in there to buy a 14 day ticket for all 6 Disney parks?

Park tickets last time I went in 2019 were about $120 per person per day. So maybe worth getting a ticket from the UK even if you don’t think you’ll go more then 2 days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Arrived at Cabana Bay yesterday and I’m very impressed so far. The theming is fantastic - I love the 1950s vibe everywhere. The diner is great but it appears to serve the same thing every day so we won’t be eating there regularly. We love the refillable cups though and a bargain at $18 did our whole stay. Definitely worth it!

We’ve spent today at the pool to acclimatise and we’re off to Universal Studios tomorrow. We’ve never had breakfast in a park - always had breakfast before driving but as we’re so close we thought we’d change it up - and have decided on the TODAY Cafe as the menu looks really good.