Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

The Velocicoaster looks really cool and I’m glad they’ve built another coaster but it looks really short. And when you’re on it I bet it feels even shorter. What’s the average ride time? The lights look amazing in the dark though and I can’t wait to see the finished ‘atmosphere’ additions like the foliage and anamatronic/still dinos.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So my podcast will be holding a Disney Quiz tomorrow night over on twitch from 21:15 (starting at 21:30). If any one wants the info PM for the event details or go to https://www.twitch.tv/allstarpaul tomorrow night

I know I have Twitch on my Xbox, but I’ve not really used it. Would it be a case of just going to that channel or do I need to have a mic or anything? My gf would enjoy this. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I know I have Twitch on my Xbox, but I’ve not really used it. Would it be a case of just going to that channel or do I need to have a mic or anything? My gf would enjoy this. 

No mic, it’s a stream. But I’ve only tried the quiz on my smartphone. Assume it will work fine on the Xbox though but if not just grab the app

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Construction is to start again immediately on Epic Universe!  I was getting the feeling that this was dead in the water, but it’s back!

It is great news. Mainly because its been one of the few Comcast things making money right now. Interesting as they are only at 25% capacity still. I was worried with them closing Barney that was going to be the home of Nintendo Land, now that will hopefully be back at Epic and not be retrofitted in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I know it’s a similar concept to the Rip Ride Rockit and I’ve been on that, but the idea of so many upside-down bits with just a lap bar makes my teeth itch. I love rollercoasters but only because I feel safe with things over my head, belts, bars, etc. One time on the RRR the lap bar wasn’t down far enough for my liking and I shit myself all the way round. It wasn’t fun and that might’ve been the last time I went on it.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Monkee said:

I know it’s a similar concept to the Rip Ride Rockit and I’ve been on that, but the idea of so many upside-down bits with just a lap bar makes my teeth itch. I love rollercoasters but only because I feel safe with things over my head, belts, bars, etc. One time on the RRR the lap bar wasn’t down far enough for my liking and I shit myself all the way round. It wasn’t fun and that might’ve been the last time I went on it.

Your  braver than me.  It’s the vertical rise at the start that just makes it a no for me.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Your  braver than me.  It’s the vertical rise at the start that just makes it a no for me.

That was the main thing that put me off going on for years. I don’t like vertical rises or full vertical drops on coasters (e.g. Stealth). It’s strange because I don’t mind an angled rise with the neverending tik-tik-tik of the chains but there’s something about just staring up into the sky that’s so much worse. I think I’ve been on RRR twice and listened to Sabotage by Beastie Boys both times. Concentrating on that helped a bit but I can totally understand not wanting to go on for that specific reason.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Monkee said:

That was the main thing that put me off going on for years. I don’t like vertical rises or full vertical drops on coasters (e.g. Stealth). It’s strange because I don’t mind an angled rise with the neverending tik-tik-tik of the chains but there’s something about just staring up into the sky that’s so much worse. I think I’ve been on RRR twice and listened to Sabotage by Beastie Boys both times. Concentrating on that helped a bit but I can totally understand not wanting to go on for that specific reason.

I prefer a launch coaster like Mummy Returns or Aerosmith.  Just about handle Everest.