Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Has anyone been to Disney world in early November? 

With my trip this October not happening im looking to next year, I really dont want to be there for the anniversary so thought early November would be better. The prices are quite a bit cheaper to. My only concern is weather for swimming as my son loves Typhoon. 

Early November gets a little cooler, and some water parks maybe closed by then. Better off with late October into November

We went 6th November last year and it was scorching the first 3 days we were there, kids were in the pool until 10 at night and it was still warm and humid then. We then went on a cruise from Port Canaveral for a week and when we got back to Orlando it was quite a bit cooler than those first 3 days. Nowhere near the sort of freezing November weather we get but noticeably cooler than the week before.

We're planning on going again in a few years time and we're thinking of going the same week as it seemed like a good balance of decent weather, the parks not being too chaotic on the two weekdays we visited as it's outside of the UK and US school holidays and after the Halloween rush. They also start gearing up for Christmas then which made being in the parks at night even better including seeing them filming some of the Christmas party and turning the Christmas lights on.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

I think they're planning on this not being over by Christmas like some other companies appear to be hoping.  They know what capacity they're going to be running at and the number of 2021 tickets already out there and how many 2020 bookings have moved to 21 already.  Otherwise it's an endless stream of "I booked a 3 week holiday but could only get 4 park day reservations made" complaints.

If they attempt to keep demand lower then there's fewer complaints, refunds if/when the virus ramps up again and they have to shutter the parks again, and guest recovery.  Like the dining plan, there's no way they voluntarily shut that down because it was a way to print money, but they have to try and shape numbers into the available capacity.

As soon as they can they will throw those doors wide open and jam us all in like cattle again :D

They are only banning 7 and 14 day from end of September next year. Hopefully it’s just for the 50th and not making us pay 10 hopper plus prices 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

They are only banning 7 and 14 day from end of September next year. Hopefully it’s just for the 50th and not making us pay 10 hopper plus prices 

I wonder if cutting the dining plan and the tickets, they are trying to stop people going for 3 week trips and hoping people spend a week there instead, or come back multiple times during a year. People booking 2/3 week trips to Orlando will probably start paying more attention at spending time elsewhere, and maybe that's what they want. Especially if they need to deep clean hotel rooms after guests check out.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I wonder if cutting the dining plan and the tickets, they are trying to stop people going for 3 week trips and hoping people spend a week there instead, or come back multiple times during a year. People booking 2/3 week trips to Orlando will probably start paying more attention at spending time elsewhere, and maybe that's what they want. Especially if they need to deep clean hotel rooms after guests check out.

No idea but it’s risky if they are aiming at the uk market, parking charges no free dining and now no 14 day ticket. For me there is no point being on site 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

No idea but it’s risky if they are aiming at the uk market, parking charges no free dining and now no 14 day ticket. For me there is no point being on site 

Everyone I’ve talked to has said they’re going to use Villas now. Absolutely no point

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

It also seems to tie in with the theme park reservation system as that's now been announced to be in place until the end of September 2021.  No more free magic bands for any resort guests either 😢

They seem to be playing a game of how far can we push these fuckers. 

pre book a park first come first serve 

no ddp 

no vouchers 

no park hopping 

no magic bands 

no discounts 

just start charging for the magic express and be done with it. 

they only way this gets worse is they introduce a mandatory hourly kick in the crouch by mickey himself.... with no photo pass 

Edited by quote the raven

• Awards Moderator

Disney have just announced that Splash Mountain is being redone with a Princess & The Frog theme.

I’ve been listening to the ‘You Must Remember This’ series on Song Of The South and I wonder how explicitly they’ll acknowledge why they’re changing the ride.

Here’s their announcement. The closest thing they mention to racism is that it’s important they’re doing this now and a mention of diversity being good.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Disney have just announced that Splash Mountain is being redone with a Princess & The Frog theme.

I’ve been listening to the ‘You Must Remember This’ series on Song Of The South and I wonder how explicitly they’ll acknowledge why they’re changing the ride.

Here’s their announcement. The closest thing they mention to racism is that it’s important they’re doing this now and a mention of diversity being good.

I get it, but I am really going to miss that ride. It’s so wholesome and nostalgic and has one of the most widely recognised theme park songs. Gutted to see the iconic ride go ☹️

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Such a shame that is being rethemed, racism never once came into my mind when riding this.

Have you ever seen the film? Do you know the story behind the theming?

I think it’s a great idea. It’s never stood out as particularly Disney to me and, while the ride itself is a classic, it’s outdated and needed a spruce up. In all the times I’ve been to Disney I think I rode it once when I was little and once as an adult. It’s boring. It doesn’t even have that ‘it’s so rubbish it’s great’ vibe that other rides like Pirates of the Caribbean has.

I think reimagining it as Princess and the Frog is a great idea.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Monkee said:

Have you ever seen the film? Do you know the story behind the theming?

I think it’s a great idea. It’s never stood out as particularly Disney to me and, while the ride itself is a classic, it’s outdated and needed a spruce up. In all the times I’ve been to Disney I think I rode it once when I was little and once as an adult. It’s boring. It doesn’t even have that ‘it’s so rubbish it’s great’ vibe that other rides like Pirates of the Caribbean has.

I think reimagining it as Princess and the Frog is a great idea.

You nailed my feelings on it. So overrated that I’ve only done it once. The ride is boring, though the drop is fun. P&F is so underrated and has a great villain, plus Tony Baxter’s coming back to lead it. It’s in good hands.

@Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz I’d look into Song of the South if I were you. Always found it bizarre they made an attraction around a film that by the time it opened, Disney had already started banning.