Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

We ended up getting another ride, which was better than the first as it wasn't quite as overwhelming.  My kids both preferred Flight of Passage though so I might have to disown them.

If you like construction then Epcot's the park for you at the minute.

Staying at pop so at least I can miss the mess at the front of Epcot. Crane spoiling castle photos was the the worst 

• 1 month later...

They've only announced payment until April 19th for now, they haven't said they won't be covering wages after the 19th yet. At this point with Orange County only being locked down until the week before they may be waiting to see how that plays out. 

We were due to go in June, 100% that won't happen but we haven't rescheduled yet - due to my wife's work insisting they take half their holidays in the next 3 months she won't have time left to reschedule it for this year so it'll definitely be 2021 now. Because of that we're waiting to see if they go ahead with the announcement for the free dining plans next month. We've got until the 31st May to reschedule which TUI have said can be done FOC (only paying the difference in the holiday cost, or getting money back if it ends up cheaper, which it won't) so are not in a rush to do so.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

No way im going until vaccine comes out. My son will be happily touching every surface in the place. I am booked for October, im guessing i will lose my flights as they where booked direct with virgin. 

Reading how they might open it will be an empty shell of a place for a while 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, johnnyboy said:

Surely everyone wears scary masks for that anyway?

Not only can you not wear masks, but they conga you in through the houses. Your basically squashed the whole way through

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Ended up listening to it this morning as my daughter insisted on Spotify in the car.  Very good.

He's a proper good egg is Pete. I talk far too much on podcasts. But with a guest like him, I can just let him go on. We had Jim Hill on a couple of episodes back. Similar person to have on really

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

What's a good Disneyland Paris-centric podcast? I listened to the Rock N' Roller Coaster episode of the Imagineering Podcast recently, which I liked - some history of the ride, some details, and then an audio playthrough of the ride itself which was fun - but looked through the rest of that show's episodes and because it's US focused it's mostly attractions I've never been on. So something like that but for Paris would be great - history of rides, lands, details, ride-alongs, that kind of thing. @Hannibal Scorch I know you have one but it's got so very many episodes I wouldn't have a clue where to start!

• Paid Members

2 forum members have DLP Podcasts (but can never remember Silvervision Steve’s user name).

his original run of dedicated 2 DLP was fantastic. He quit around 2018. He sold it on I believe and it’s shit now. He’s just started Taking the Mickey with his original co-host but not heard yet.

Mine is Discover DLP. It’s good but not amazing. Mickey Waffles is pretty centered on DLP with other news bits. DLP report is supposed to be good but the owner is a massive tool.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

The official UK arm of the Walt Disney Travel Company now won't sell anything before 1st Jan 2021.  Free dining RIP.

Jesus my plans are in taters. I guess I will sack the lot of it and see what happens a lot later.

free dining was the main reason to stay onsite for two weeks without it I will probably split stay and hit uni 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

The official UK arm of the Walt Disney Travel Company now won't sell anything before 1st Jan 2021.  Free dining RIP.

I have heard TUI are also not selling trips to Disneyland Paris until the end of the year. Not sure if that is them or a widespread decision. My friend who was going in October has had all his dining reservations cancelled. Not sure on FP. Apprantly they are offering 35% of hotel rates instead of the free dining for those booked for this year. It's not an ideal time to be planning a holiday with them for sure