Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

Nailed virgin flights stupidly cheap for October. 

Crunched the numbers on upgrading the ddp and it just does not work. Will use amazon prime now to get a pack of water and snacks for room. Then use the free breakfast for dinner.   Really looking forward to seeing the new Epcot fireworks 

Why is the Disneyland Wifi so crap? There's one spot by the Cars Land gas station pumps that I can count on to get a connection, but beyond that, completely unreliable. I almost didn't get into the park because of it one day, had to stand at the turnstiles with fingers crossed until the wind changed enough to load up my registration on the app.

I didn't have much better luck with WiFi in Orlando Disney, from what I remember. Is it just a limitation of the technology? I'd expect if it could be solved by throwing some money at it, Disney would have done that.

It's worth checking with your mobile provider on whether they have a reasonably priced data roaming add-on, EE had a plan which included roaming in the US which was perfect for us last year - I barely bothered with WiFi the whole 2 weeks. They've since removed that add-on now so it'll cost me I think around £15 for the ability to use my data when we go in June, which is still worth it to save on the hassle.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

It's worth checking with your mobile provider on whether they have a reasonably priced data roaming add-on, EE had a plan which included roaming in the US which was perfect for us last year - I barely bothered with WiFi the whole 2 weeks. They've since removed that add-on now so it'll cost me I think around £15 for the ability to use my data when we go in June, which is still worth it to save on the hassle.

It's the reason I stick with Three. My data allowence can be used in the US so I don't have to worry about buying any bolt-ons for the month.

On 1/15/2020 at 12:06 PM, johnnyboy said:

If you've got a dual SIM phone the prepaid Three Mobile Broadband data only SIMs are cracking value.  They work in 70+ countries including the US, but annoyingly not Canada.

24gb that lasts for 24 months or until you run it out costs £40-45 on Amazon depending if they're on offer.  One word of warning is do not top them up until they're totally empty as it wipes the prepaid credit!

Thanks for the tip! (And the info on the WiFi.) Getting one of these would probably be perfect for me. My phone is dual-sim, although I've only ever had one in there. Using the second sim won't fuck anything up with Whatsapp, will it? Also, the listing (and reviews) mention there's a 12GB monthly limit. I'd be surprised if I went over 12GB in a single two-week trip, mind, considering it'd just be for when out and about, and I'd be on WiFi at the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
4 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

If you're spending all day in the park then it's not the place to stay.  If you're booking here you're doing it to stay on the ship for the most part and stay immersed.  Popping over for a ride on Everest with Mickey ears on is going to kill that.  Also, if you're dropping a grand+ a night for the 2 day cruise you would be setting fire to money to go elsewhere.

Disney have played a blinder. They have invented the cruise which doesn't need to go out to sea!

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

If you're spending all day in the park then it's not the place to stay.  If you're booking here you're doing it to stay on the ship for the most part and stay immersed.  Popping over for a ride on Everest with Mickey ears on is going to kill that.  Also, if you're dropping a grand+ a night for the 2 day cruise you would be setting fire to money to go elsewhere.

I was under the impression it was like a VIP into edge and your expected to go out into the park. Then when you come back the story continues kind of thing. 

Spending 2 days in edge alone would prove hard. 

Each to their own but is deffo no for me

Edited by quote the raven

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Disney World last year for the first time and spent most of the first day at Galaxys Edge so loitering around there for a full day wouldn't be a problem as part of the Galactic Starcruiser experience, two days might be a push though. The stormtroopers and other characters walking around Batuu already harass folk bounding more than those dressed in normal clothes so you'd hope those dropping a fortune for the immersive experience will get a similar treatment. Any news if there's any other VIP experiences as part of it or just the special entrance/exit?