Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Everything I’m seeing online suggests it’s moving forward at pace.

Well I guess that’s some good news, I always remember staying at pop and seeing the husk of art over the river the wife nicknamed it the “I am legend hotel” after they shelved it. 

2024 here I come 

• Awards Moderator
On 6/2/2020 at 2:24 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

2 forum members have DLP Podcasts (but can never remember Silvervision Steve’s user name).

his original run of dedicated 2 DLP was fantastic. He quit around 2018. He sold it on I believe and it’s shit now. He’s just started Taking the Mickey with his original co-host but not heard yet.

Mine is Discover DLP. It’s good but not amazing. Mickey Waffles is pretty centered on DLP with other news bits. DLP report is supposed to be good but the owner is a massive tool.

I've tried all of these out now - thanks for thinking of them, but none of them quite hit what I'm looking for sadly! These were all pretty focused on news, updates, or people's individual experiences, but I'm after something that looks at each area of the park, each ride, each park even, breaks it down, explains its history or how it works and that kind of thing. It may not exist, but do you know of anything closer to that kind of thing?

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I've tried all of these out now - thanks for thinking of them, but none of them quite hit what I'm looking for sadly! These were all pretty focused on news, updates, or people's individual experiences, but I'm after something that looks at each area of the park, each ride, each park even, breaks it down, explains its history or how it works and that kind of thing. It may not exist, but do you know of anything closer to that kind of thing?

Not that I can think of. The last 2 episodes we released we started breaking down the shops and the places to eat on Main St. Next will we go to Frontierland. There is not a podcast I have heard that does what you want. Mickey Waffles have done episodes where they have looked more into an attraction, but thats odd ones rather then continuously. 

• Paid Members
On 6/12/2020 at 1:30 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

Disney Insider on Disney Plus may have some of the content you're after. The synopsis does mention that it goes behind the scenes at the Disney theme parks.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I've always been tempted with some kind of tour but I'm terrible at choosing, plus never know what to ditch to make time for it.

That's the big decision.  We will probably be doing 16 or 17 days to fit something like this in.  We did the Seaworld behind the scenes one last time and it was great.

19 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

That's the big decision.  We will probably be doing 16 or 17 days to fit something like this in.  We did the Seaworld behind the scenes one last time and it was great.

A few years back we won something when we got to Seaworld. Can't remember exactly what it was, but we got a guy that showed us around all day and it was like a VIP tour type thing. I really enjoyed that. Definitely the best day I've had at Seaworld by far.

But yep, as with every trip to Orlando we take, it's very much a pick and choose scenario. I've been going every few years since 2008 and still not managed to fit in a Kennedy Space Centre trip because I never want to drop anything else!

Just now, johnnyboy said:

It's definitely a balance, but if there's something that you can only see or get on the tours (like the exclusive pins!) there usually worth it.  We took half a day out of a Disneyland trip to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps, as it's the only way for a day tripper to visit his apartment above the fire station, and it was worth both the time and money.

At world I've always wanted to do Behind the Seeds as well as Keys to the Kingdom (got to see those Utilidors for myself!).

We also did the Star Wars tour at Hollywood Studios when it still included the fireworks party.  That was really good value with the fireworks and puddings included.  I'm not sure it still exists in pudding or not form now that Galaxy's Edge is open.

Yeah having been reading a lot more on Walt in books in recent times, and a few different books from the Imagineers etc, I'm definitely learning towards a tour of some kind. I'm a lot more into the history of it all now, especially with the documentaries on Disney Plus too.

• Paid Members

Has anyone been to Disney world in early November? 

With my trip this October not happening im looking to next year, I really dont want to be there for the anniversary so thought early November would be better. The prices are quite a bit cheaper to. My only concern is weather for swimming as my son loves Typhoon.