Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

If you're spending all day in the park then it's not the place to stay.  If you're booking here you're doing it to stay on the ship for the most part and stay immersed.  Popping over for a ride on Everest with Mickey ears on is going to kill that.  Also, if you're dropping a grand+ a night for the 2 day cruise you would be setting fire to money to go elsewhere.

I was under the impression it was like a VIP into edge and your expected to go out into the park. Then when you come back the story continues kind of thing. 

Spending 2 days in edge alone would prove hard. 

Each to their own but is deffo no for me

Edited by quote the raven
  • Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few months ago I found my old fucking incredible WWF wallet. It still had some Summerslam 92 cards inside. Basically Christmas. Anyway, I’ve been using it and I’ve never needed to use the coin/

Better than Maccy Ds. You should start a Disney podcast.

Bistrot Chez Remy where you're shrunk down to the size of a rat, but it's in the Walt Disney Studios Park rather than Disneyland itself.  If either of you like princesses then Auberge de Cendrillon is

Posted Images

• Paid Members

That. Looks. Incredible.

I’m totally doing this in 2022. This year is California so I’ll have saved up again by 2022 and this will have had some time to bed in and eek out any gremlins. I’m sold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Rise of the Resistance is special, legitimately made me feel a bit emotional in places.  The boarding group thing is the one of the most surreal and tense experiences of my life but we got the first boarding group of the day, did it as walk on, and it didn't break down!  The one downside is as a walk on we didn't really get to appreciate the queue, but I'll take that given the technical issues it's had, especially in the last week.

I'm glad I don't have to go through the boarding group stuff again this trip.  My fingernails won't have grown back before Halloween.

We went to Disney World last year for the first time and spent most of the first day at Galaxys Edge so loitering around there for a full day wouldn't be a problem as part of the Galactic Starcruiser experience, two days might be a push though. The stormtroopers and other characters walking around Batuu already harass folk bounding more than those dressed in normal clothes so you'd hope those dropping a fortune for the immersive experience will get a similar treatment. Any news if there's any other VIP experiences as part of it or just the special entrance/exit?

• Paid Members
On 2/16/2020 at 3:25 PM, johnnyboy said:

I'm glad I don't have to go through the boarding group stuff again this trip.

We ended up getting another ride, which was better than the first as it wasn't quite as overwhelming.  My kids both preferred Flight of Passage though so I might have to disown them.

On 2/18/2020 at 7:24 PM, quote the raven said:

I'm going to be pissed if that crane gets back on site. 

If you like construction then Epcot's the park for you at the minute.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

We ended up getting another ride, which was better than the first as it wasn't quite as overwhelming.  My kids both preferred Flight of Passage though so I might have to disown them.

If you like construction then Epcot's the park for you at the minute.

Staying at pop so at least I can miss the mess at the front of Epcot. Crane spoiling castle photos was the the worst 

• Paid Members

The Skyliner's good for that.  We took it to Hollywood Studios to pick up a bus rather than run the wall gauntlet to get back to the front of Epcot.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Disneyland and Walt Disney World are now remaining closed until further notice.  I feel guilty now for grabbing a second ride of Rise and using up all the Disney luck in the universe.

Edited by johnnyboy
  • Paid Members

Only paying staff until the 19th April as well.  Bad times all round. Recording theme park podcasts has been interesting over the last few weeks that’s for sure

They've only announced payment until April 19th for now, they haven't said they won't be covering wages after the 19th yet. At this point with Orange County only being locked down until the week before they may be waiting to see how that plays out. 

We were due to go in June, 100% that won't happen but we haven't rescheduled yet - due to my wife's work insisting they take half their holidays in the next 3 months she won't have time left to reschedule it for this year so it'll definitely be 2021 now. Because of that we're waiting to see if they go ahead with the announcement for the free dining plans next month. We've got until the 31st May to reschedule which TUI have said can be done FOC (only paying the difference in the holiday cost, or getting money back if it ends up cheaper, which it won't) so are not in a rush to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

@johnnyboy here is my podcast with Pete Werner https://podfollow.com/disneyparksandbeyond/episode/593664bdb09b8bc25ba40cafc3b8e6b29f7d8d57 he talks way more then I do so it’s a winner