Jump to content

Disney and Other Theme Parks aka PB's fairgrounds for young girls


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Should have been on Smugglers Run about an hour ago, and with luck Rise of the Resistance at some point today as well. Sad times.

Rise would have almost certainly broken down so you may have dodged a bullet.  I should have been getting supergay at DIsneyland Paris Pride in about an hour, but I'm already supergay so I've balanced that out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few months ago I found my old fucking incredible WWF wallet. It still had some Summerslam 92 cards inside. Basically Christmas. Anyway, I’ve been using it and I’ve never needed to use the coin/

Better than Maccy Ds. You should start a Disney podcast.

Bistrot Chez Remy where you're shrunk down to the size of a rat, but it's in the Walt Disney Studios Park rather than Disneyland itself.  If either of you like princesses then Auberge de Cendrillon is

Posted Images

  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Monkee said:

My experience is that it wasn’t immersive enough. I could see the edge of the screens, I could see the other ‘vehicles’ in my peripheral vision. It just felt like I was on a crappy simulator ride. Maybe it was because I wasn’t in the best seat but surely any seat should be at least a good seat.

Well yeah, while front row centre vehicle is the best I've sat all over in both versions and have loved it every time.  My biggest, and only real, criticism of Soarin Around the World is that some of the CG scenes bend depending on where you are.  A case where the original Soarin Over California was the better version.

soarin_around_world_review-53.jpg

Seriously, who signed off on that?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Well yeah, while front row centre vehicle is the best I've sat all over in both versions and have loved it every time.  My biggest, and only real, criticism of Soarin Around the World is that some of the CG scenes bend depending on where you are.  A case where the original Soarin Over California was the better version.

soarin_around_world_review-53.jpg

Seriously, who signed off on that?!

Same person who signed off on this what-do-you-see-in-Soarin-Around-the-Wor ugh

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Midway Mayham have been at Universal all week. Here are some shots of the new JW ride they uploaded earlier today:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Not much of a shock, but Disneyland Paris have cancelled the regular Run Weekend in September and will bring it back in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Super Nintendo World looks tiny!

And very very crammed. No wonder Orlando decided to dump it into the new park. Speaking of which do we think they will continue with the planned park? Or shelve it for a while 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

And very very crammed. No wonder Orlando decided to dump it into the new park. Speaking of which do we think they will continue with the planned park? Or shelve it for a while 

Everything I’m seeing online suggests it’s moving forward at pace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Everything I’m seeing online suggests it’s moving forward at pace.

Well I guess that’s some good news, I always remember staying at pop and seeing the husk of art over the river the wife nicknamed it the “I am legend hotel” after they shelved it. 

2024 here I come 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Everything I’m seeing online suggests it’s moving forward at pace.

I’ve heard the opposite. All work is ongoing at Universal/Islands, but nothing for Epic Universe. Don’t think they even broke ground

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Awards Moderator
On 6/2/2020 at 2:24 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

2 forum members have DLP Podcasts (but can never remember Silvervision Steve’s user name).

his original run of dedicated 2 DLP was fantastic. He quit around 2018. He sold it on I believe and it’s shit now. He’s just started Taking the Mickey with his original co-host but not heard yet.

Mine is Discover DLP. It’s good but not amazing. Mickey Waffles is pretty centered on DLP with other news bits. DLP report is supposed to be good but the owner is a massive tool.

I've tried all of these out now - thanks for thinking of them, but none of them quite hit what I'm looking for sadly! These were all pretty focused on news, updates, or people's individual experiences, but I'm after something that looks at each area of the park, each ride, each park even, breaks it down, explains its history or how it works and that kind of thing. It may not exist, but do you know of anything closer to that kind of thing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
55 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I've tried all of these out now - thanks for thinking of them, but none of them quite hit what I'm looking for sadly! These were all pretty focused on news, updates, or people's individual experiences, but I'm after something that looks at each area of the park, each ride, each park even, breaks it down, explains its history or how it works and that kind of thing. It may not exist, but do you know of anything closer to that kind of thing?

Not that I can think of. The last 2 episodes we released we started breaking down the shops and the places to eat on Main St. Next will we go to Frontierland. There is not a podcast I have heard that does what you want. Mickey Waffles have done episodes where they have looked more into an attraction, but thats odd ones rather then continuously. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2020 at 1:30 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

I've tried all of these out now - thanks for thinking of them, but none of them quite hit what I'm looking for sadly! These were all pretty focused on news, updates, or people's individual experiences, but I'm after something that looks at each area of the park, each ride, each park even, breaks it down, explains its history or how it works and that kind of thing. It may not exist, but do you know of anything closer to that kind of thing?

Disney Insider on Disney Plus may have some of the content you're after. The synopsis does mention that it goes behind the scenes at the Disney theme parks.

Edited by BigJag
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...