Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Those are a thing?

Wrestling fans are the worst.

"She's a crackwhore" hasn't been for about 15 years, I think. It was very much an ECW thing (usually aimed at Francine) and died out after a few years. It did turn up with British fans, as I remember Jane Childs getting it in the FWA at one point.

• Paid Members

I don't particularly mind "You've still got it" in the right context. But yeah, any of your smarky chants that show no interest in the characters themselves but only amplify how choreographed the whole thing is really gets on my tits.

Wrestling used to be about suspending your disbelief, but I honestly think a lot of fans have forgot what that is. Its almost akin to going to watch the opera or the circus these days, watching two performers putting on a routine as opposed to what used to be a more traditional (massively over the top, granted) sporting type environment where you actively supported "your guy/team".

I suppose its always existed to a degree, you had elements of it in ECW for example. The problem now is that the casual audience has been driven away and the hardcore fans are basically all that's left, its just so much more amplified.

Edited by garynysmon

On 7/2/2019 at 10:38 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

Why does Ronnie Garvn not get disqualified when he uses the closed fist to finish his opponent off?

Same reason Big Show doesn't when he does his closed punch finisher. 

29 minutes ago, 5pints said:

Same reason Big Show doesn't when he does his closed punch finisher. 

To be fair, I remember them saying that the rules had been changed around the time he started doing that to allow close fists. As far as I’m aware, it’s still ‘legal’ in WWE. 

• Paid Members

Had to have been ages ago, or Steve Austin wouldn't even be a thing.

Hell, Jerry Lawler wouldn't have been a thing.

Edited by Carbomb

Got back from work today to find some flyers had been posted through the door for Adam Bowler's next show. It's lovely to see that he's actually having a go at doing some proper promotion at last, but it's a shame that 95% of the people who live round here are students and most of them buggered off home for summer a few days ago. A nice try, but a wasted effort, I fear. 

Seeing a lot of weird takes on the Mike and Maria situation. 

Fucking good for them! Absolutely get paid and buy a house and have some kids and do your dream job. Anyone in the industry should be applauding them for being so astute when it comes to the negotiation and how they've worked their way into such good deals. 

Who cares if Mike tapped out to Becky Lynch on Raw? I bet he doesn't. 

Edited by SaitoRyo
Pronouns, pal.

Gotta agree that they've pulled a blinder. Didn't the same thing happen when they signed before? Mike could be jobbed out to the entire roster, flown to Cardiff and be jobbed to the whole of NXT UK and he'd still be in profit. 

On 7/4/2019 at 12:38 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Remember when she was voted diva of the year so they fired her soon after? If she fucks this company out of every penny she can get, then good for her. They deserve no loyalty from her.

They got loyalty from her, though. She helped cover up the rape story, and she’s doing well out of it.

3 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

not a random thought but here's a video of a guy shooting himself in the face with a firework at yesterdays GCW Backyard Wrestling event...

I've been watching some of that event, it's a hilariously bad outlaw mud show and Nick Gage just fucking about on commentary is golden. I'm digging it, GCW is it's own little world that should be kept far away from anything else.