Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:26 AM, DEF said:

'This is Awesome' doesn't bother me. 'Fight Forever' is silly but still doesn't really get much of a reaction out of me but 'Both these guys' really boils my piss. It's like nails on a chalk board for me. It's just so intolerably shit.

is 'both these guys' really a chant? i havent heard that yet (thankfully).

46 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

is 'both these guys' really a chant? i havent heard that yet (thankfully).

Terrifyingly, it absolutely is. It's an indie thing originally I think. I don't recall it on WWE main roster but I'm pretty sure it's made it to NXT. Absolutely awful.

4 hours ago, DEF said:

Terrifyingly, it absolutely is. It's an indie thing originally I think. I don't recall it on WWE main roster but I'm pretty sure it's made it to NXT. Absolutely awful.

There was definitely an “all these guys” chant in a tag or multi-man match at a Takeover in the last year.

Both these guys is the worst as you should have a reason to want to see one win. A victim of too many promotions putting on face vs face matches and neither face trying to act heelish to give a prominent wrestler for the crowd to get behind 

This is Awesome doesn’t mean anything anymore because crowd just do as a Pavlovian response any time there’s a half decent set of moves strung together. I was at Download Festival the other week and caught a little bit of the NXT UK taping. During a 6 Man Tag match, which wasn’t spectacular but it was solid enough and went about 10 or 12 minutes, but you hardly heard a peep out of the crowd until a couple of big moves towards the end and suddenly the “this awesome” chant is being used. It wasn’t awesome, it was ok at best.

Similar happened between Cody and Darby Allen at AEW this past weekend. You could hear a pin drop for the first 15 minutes, but as soon as it announced there 5 minutes left and daft cunt Darby does his stupid bump on the apron, it’s all “this is awesome!” and “A-E-Dub!”

To be fair those chants are a lot better than "she's a crack whore" or "who let the dogs out."

3 minutes ago, Vamp said:

To be fair those chants are a lot better than "she's a crack whore" or "who let the dogs out."

Those are a thing?

Wrestling fans are the worst.

35 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Those are a thing?

Wrestling fans are the worst.

"She's a crackwhore" hasn't been for about 15 years, I think. It was very much an ECW thing (usually aimed at Francine) and died out after a few years. It did turn up with British fans, as I remember Jane Childs getting it in the FWA at one point.

I don't particularly mind "You've still got it" in the right context. But yeah, any of your smarky chants that show no interest in the characters themselves but only amplify how choreographed the whole thing is really gets on my tits.

Wrestling used to be about suspending your disbelief, but I honestly think a lot of fans have forgot what that is. Its almost akin to going to watch the opera or the circus these days, watching two performers putting on a routine as opposed to what used to be a more traditional (massively over the top, granted) sporting type environment where you actively supported "your guy/team".

I suppose its always existed to a degree, you had elements of it in ECW for example. The problem now is that the casual audience has been driven away and the hardcore fans are basically all that's left, its just so much more amplified.

Edited by garynysmon

On 7/2/2019 at 10:38 AM, jazzygeofferz said:

Why does Ronnie Garvn not get disqualified when he uses the closed fist to finish his opponent off?

Same reason Big Show doesn't when he does his closed punch finisher. 

29 minutes ago, 5pints said:

Same reason Big Show doesn't when he does his closed punch finisher. 

To be fair, I remember them saying that the rules had been changed around the time he started doing that to allow close fists. As far as I’m aware, it’s still ‘legal’ in WWE.