Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Where did "this is awesome" originate? Was it TNA?

I think it became popularized through TNA anyway. I've always associated the origins of the chant with TNA. Live someone said, it was bearable the first 1000 times you've heard it.

• Paid Members

'This is Awesome' doesn't bother me. 'Fight Forever' is silly but still doesn't really get much of a reaction out of me but 'Both these guys' really boils my piss. It's like nails on a chalk board for me. It's just so intolerably shit.

• Paid Members

I’m not even sure where I’m going with this but a big portion of the online wrestling fanbase, from what I can see on social media, seems to be a bit “too obsessed” with wrestling and could do with a few outside hobbies as the whole industry seems to be slowly collapsing onto itself. (I understand the irony of posting that on a forum for fans of pretend fighting.)

But there are just so many little things that have cropped up over recent weeks/months that genuinely make me think that this wrestling lark in 2019 just isn’t for me any more. 

I had hope for AEW that it would be a more old-school product but despite making the right noises initially, from what I’ve seen it just panders to the small band of hardcore fans.

Fair play, they’re the ones that are shelling a huge portion of their disposable income on wrestling, but I just feel very alienated from everything that’s out there these days.

Even Impact, which I’ve been somewhat protective of over the years, seems to have disappeared down an intergender wrestling rabbit hole that I couldn’t even bear watching. 

Then the WWE, who you’d expect to be delivering the product most suited to casual tastes, seems to consist of over-long matches, too much product, terrible promos and a TV product that’s way too glossy.

Basically I’m homeless.

Edited by garynysmon

Garynysmon, you need to start watching these, theyre great. It’s from the inception of SOW, it does every month from now up until the mid 90s which carry all the best angles. Theyre such an easy watch and cover Challenge, Primetime, SNME and SOW. Here one to get you started. 

Youll be hooked after one. 

• Paid Members

Why does Ronnie Garvn not get disqualified when he uses the closed fist to finish his opponent off?