Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Look at this fucking nob-ache harassing Cena in public.

"I'm famous, bro, I'm famous." 46 followers on Twitter, with 'real' in the handle so we know it's not one of the many imposters. There's literally people posting in this thread more famous than him.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

What a fuck-nut. 

Fair enough, you've seen someone famous. and got your phone out to record/photo them. That's just a downside to being in the public eye. But to then continue filming after the guy, very politely I might add, asked you not to film without asking is a cunts trick.  

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, lars85 said:

The sooner YouTube celebrities aren't a thing anymore the better.

Never going to happen unfortunately. Kids seem to love all that shite. My 7 year old niece is currently watching a Chinese woman eat McDonald’s. That’s it. Just a woman sitting in front of a webcam, saying nothing and just munching away on fast food, noisily slopping her mouth in the most annoying way imaginable. Why this is a thing and why anyone watches it, I don’t know. They’re growing up thinking this is normal. YouTube’s fucked more kids than Jimmy Savile. 

Just seen that Rey Mysterio is returning to raw this week and it reminded me that I have never been impressed by the man. Everything he does leaves me feeling underwhelmed and I will never understand why they thought a grief run with the belt would be a good idea. An unbelievable challenger who should be US title level at best.

Granted, he was innovative in places but I cannot buy into any of his matches (yes, even Angle didn't grip me) and his offence is weak as piss; I find it hard to suspend my belief when he wrestles.

Please tell me I'm not alone thinking this?

9 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Never going to happen unfortunately. Kids seem to love all that shite. My 7 year old niece is currently watching a Chinese woman eat McDonald’s. That’s it. Just a woman sitting in front of a webcam, saying nothing and just munching away on fast food, noisily slopping her mouth in the most annoying way imaginable. Why this is a thing and why anyone watches it, I don’t know. They’re growing up thinking this is normal. YouTube’s fucked more kids than Jimmy Savile. 

I know, they're not going anywhere. I'd kind of understand if it was just kids watching. My nephew watches some drivel. But I know people older than me who think just being an obnoxious prick with a phone and a YouTube channel makes you some kind of top lad, all about the bants. 'Member when you had to have some kind of talent to be famous?

Probably just me being a miserable old fucker though.

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

My kids watch people playing video games and opening toys and to be honest, if I could’ve watched people play Double Dragon or Street Fighter and open wrestling figures when I was younger, I probably would’ve. 

• Paid Members

Fair enough on that. I probably would’ve as well. Can’t tell you how many hours I used to spend staring at the pages of the catalogue that had the Hasbros and Turtles figures on. But videos of someone eating McDonald’s in their bedroom? I’ll never get that. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
On 7/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, SuperBacon said:

My kids watch people playing video games and opening toys and to be honest, if I could’ve watched people play Double Dragon or Street Fighter and open wrestling figures when I was younger, I probably would’ve. 

I watch let's plays and speed runs on YouTube because you can pick up tips, and the people playing can be entertaining. Plus high level Street Fighter at a pro tournament can be a delight to watch. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz