Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

ken.jpg

That is a fine  Williams

• Paid Members
On 6/30/2019 at 12:26 AM, DEF said:

'This is Awesome' doesn't bother me. 'Fight Forever' is silly but still doesn't really get much of a reaction out of me but 'Both these guys' really boils my piss. It's like nails on a chalk board for me. It's just so intolerably shit.

is 'both these guys' really a chant? i havent heard that yet (thankfully).

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

is 'both these guys' really a chant? i havent heard that yet (thankfully).

Terrifyingly, it absolutely is. It's an indie thing originally I think. I don't recall it on WWE main roster but I'm pretty sure it's made it to NXT. Absolutely awful.

4 hours ago, DEF said:

Terrifyingly, it absolutely is. It's an indie thing originally I think. I don't recall it on WWE main roster but I'm pretty sure it's made it to NXT. Absolutely awful.

There was definitely an “all these guys” chant in a tag or multi-man match at a Takeover in the last year.

Both these guys is the worst as you should have a reason to want to see one win. A victim of too many promotions putting on face vs face matches and neither face trying to act heelish to give a prominent wrestler for the crowd to get behind 

This is Awesome doesn’t mean anything anymore because crowd just do as a Pavlovian response any time there’s a half decent set of moves strung together. I was at Download Festival the other week and caught a little bit of the NXT UK taping. During a 6 Man Tag match, which wasn’t spectacular but it was solid enough and went about 10 or 12 minutes, but you hardly heard a peep out of the crowd until a couple of big moves towards the end and suddenly the “this awesome” chant is being used. It wasn’t awesome, it was ok at best.

Similar happened between Cody and Darby Allen at AEW this past weekend. You could hear a pin drop for the first 15 minutes, but as soon as it announced there 5 minutes left and daft cunt Darby does his stupid bump on the apron, it’s all “this is awesome!” and “A-E-Dub!”

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Vamp said:

To be fair those chants are a lot better than "she's a crack whore" or "who let the dogs out."

Those are a thing?

Wrestling fans are the worst.