All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

Bastard of a day that. Started at 7am, and finished about half 1. The worst thing is them heavy orange trousers they make us wear - liking working in a coat of armour.

We've been told to start at 6am in the morning, so I suppose that's a slight help. Will probably mean a finishing time of about 1ish.

I've had more ice pops than I can shake a stick at though - one delightful lady gave us three fruit shoot ice pops whilst her daughter cried because they were her favourite, but she "needs to learn to share".

Felt like Satan himself when we ate them.

Edited by Max Power

• Paid Members

We were allowed to wear "tailored shorts" and a shirt at work today. Had no idea what tailored shorts were but found a pair of chino shorts that were acceptable. 

Started at 8.45 and kicked the kids out at 1.35 but it was pretty unbearable by 12 - my corridor has massive windows along both sides and then a skylight running down the middle of it so it was like a greenhouse. 

Got home and laid on the sofa with a cold towel around my neck and an eye mask thing that had been in the fridge, which was much more bearable, but fucking hell is it gross outside. 

spacer.png

This afternoon was just horrible. Opened the door to go outside and the wind blowing the hot air into my face was like nothing I'd experienced before. I asked on Saturday if we'd still be playing a T20 cricket match tomorrow night (luckily I'm only the scorer) and they looked at me like I'd got two heads, hopefully common sense might be starting to prevail now.

• Paid Members

My sons SEN school gave us an option to keep him at home today and tomorrow. I was off so thought it best to keep him at home.

Sounds like they had a hell of a day, the Kids that have AC in their rooms due to wheelchair use had it give up on them, the rest of the school had a ton of behavior issues due to not being able to let kids go outside. The head just text and has shut the school unless no other choice but to send them in.

• Paid Members

My workroom temperature was just shy of 36C, so 96F.

9 hours, sat on a towel, with a slippy mouse in my sweaty hand. I'm going to have to start trying these life-hacks, like coating my windows in aluminium foil.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

it causes dehydration due to the diuretic effect

While coffee does have a diuretic effect the fluid ingestion out weights the loss, so you should be safe with your double soy latte or whatever. 

What you may be thinking of is sea water, so lads despite the heat don't go drinking the sea. 

• Paid Members

I fucking hate summer. I hate it being too hot, I hate wasps coming out to play, I hate it being too light to fall asleep and the sun waking me up earlier than I want to. And having to leave windows open thus inviting bugs in. Worst of all I hate people talking to me like there's something wrong with me for not liking being too hot.

This year is the first summer living by the river. Thought it would be a good idea to mow the lawn early before the sun was too "up" and heat and intense. Don't worry, its a Homer Simpson manual, not a noisy electric, I wouldn't wake my neighbours up. However... worst idea ever. The heat and the work I can cope with but not the dozens of small flies or whatever, on my skin, up my nose, in my fucking eyes. I have at least one bite, I only know for sure of the one because its painful and drew a little blood, but there's probably more.

Bring on winter.

I'm sat in a non-air conditioned hospital waiting room with about 30 other people on the hottest day of the year so far. I honestly feel like I'm about to pass out. Last night was awful, nothing helped cool the house down and I'm sure it will still be a stuffy mess when I get home from the hospital. On the bright side, my toddler seems ok and has been a trooper through the heat. He slept ok last night so that was a bonus.

Summer can fuck off though, I can't wait for Autumn.

Edit: some tosspot has the theme song from How I met your mother as their ring tone and it keeps going off 😡

Edited by deathrey