All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

4 hours ago, air_raid said:

insisting everythings fine because the fucking Beefeater isn't allowed to take his hat off.

That’s not a beefeater, you anti royalist communist bastard. Off to Rwanda with you!

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s not a beefeater, you anti royalist communist bastard. Off to Rwanda with you!

When he posted that, I had a brief internal war where my pedantry lost to my republicanism.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting a bit bored of news reports about "unusual" weather, or unusual temperatures.  Yes, if you compare with the last hundred years.  But this is going to be normal moving forwards, we need to accept that and start properly preparing for it!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but the fucking hot weather 😡  We have a rather large Koi Carp pond at our new house (moved in on May) so we are somewhat novices at looking after them and whilst we have tried to do everything we could, the hot weather caused some deoxygenating of the water and the overnight on Monday our pump packed in. We woke up to total carnage on Tuesday morning, 10 of them have died. We still have 14 left and are doing what we can to make sure they all survive but the hot weather has really done a number on them and it'll be touch and go for the next few days.  I'm so gutted. I can barely bring myself to look out of the window at the pond after Tuesday mornings scenes.

5 hours ago, deathrey said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but the fucking hot weather 😡  We have a rather large Koi Carp pond at our new house (moved in on May) so we are somewhat novices at looking after them and whilst we have tried to do everything we could, the hot weather caused some deoxygenating of the water and the overnight on Monday our pump packed in. We woke up to total carnage on Tuesday morning, 10 of them have died. We still have 14 left and are doing what we can to make sure they all survive but the hot weather has really done a number on them and it'll be touch and go for the next few days.  I'm so gutted. I can barely bring myself to look out of the window at the pond after Tuesday mornings scenes.

I know you don't want to hear this but, if you're novices and jump straight in with a rather large pond and 24 Koi Carp and have no idea what you're doing, you're directly responsible for their presumably torturous deaths and should be banned from going near any other animals in the future.

We inherited them with the house, the previous owner has been very hands on in helping us look after them but did not warn us about the issues with the heat, which he has apologised for, though it is too late for that now. No one could have predicted the pump breaking down, its regularly serviced by us under the previous owners supervision. The combination of the heat and the pump breaking is what caused their deaths. So once I develop the ability to predict the future, I'll keep your comments in mind.

Edited by deathrey

He's entitled to his opinion. I do know we did everything we could, it was a combination of factors that caused their deaths. The heat, had we known we could have tried to mitigate, but the pump was the final straw and we couldn't have predicted that, I honestly don't think anyone could.