All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

We've been allowed to work from home both yesterday and today so I'm on day two of camera off, voice only teams calls as I'm working shirtless with a cloth that's been in the freezer for an hour draped over my shoulders. We've also got a few of those misting bottles for plants and they work wonders if you give your legs and body a bit of a spray and then stand infront of a fan.

Our youngest's school let the kids stay off if they wanted to and I've opted to keep my eldest son off because he suffers badly with migraines and nosebleeds when he gets too hot. The downside is them being in the house has not only raised the ambient temperature, it's also crippling my internet speeds.

I met Charlie Lawson once in 2020, just before COVID hit, as he was having a birthday party in the hotel I was staying at in Belfast, where he lives, and it rarely tops out past 25.

Just about seeing this patch out but the neighbourhood reggae and barbeque smoke blowing in through the opened windows and doors has been a pain I could live without. I get it lads, you're chilled out entertainers.

49 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Good to see GB News are interviewing weather experts about the heatwave

It’s only balancing out the wokism from this so called “Expert”

2 hours ago, deathrey said:

Edit: some tosspot has the theme song from How I met your mother as their ring tone and it keeps going off 😡

There is a little known piece of legislation that says if someone has that as a ringtone and temperatures reach over 35, it’s legally permissible to beat them to death with a prosthetic limb. 

• Paid Members

"it's perfectly manageable weather, so it is" wow, was hebthe best available with the resources they had at the time or what? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

There is a little known piece of legislation that says if someone has that as a ringtone and temperatures reach over 35, it’s legally permissible to beat them to death with a prosthetic limb. 

I am gradually approaching the point where I might amputate my own arm just to be able to do this.

It's nuts isn't it. I live not far from a large country park, Lickey Hills and that set on fire yesterday evening. Fire engines were there again this morning, apparently they have lost 5 hectares to fire so far. The weather apps keep saying rain but it hasnt materialised yet.

Edited by deathrey