All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

I wish I could enjoy the sun but I burn the second it appears. I could even deal with hiding inside if the house cooled down overnight but it doesn't. It's awful.  This country is not built for heat. It shouldn't be allowed to go over 25 degrees. I have told the weather Gods this but they don't give a shit about my opinion and made it hotter just to spite me.

Edited by deathrey

One of the things people don’t tell you about getting older is that you burn easier too. I never had sun burn until the past few years. When I was a kid, (me brass hand) I’d be out all day and just get brown but 20 minutes without a hat on and I can feel my naked bonce tingling (@me in the out of context). As if the pissing and shitting yourself wasn’t bad enough. I dread to think what happens post 40.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

The black german shepherd Lunar was the same on Saturday. Even though she was in her 'pool' and the shade most of the day, she was hot to the touch when she came for a scratch. 

My cat, who doesn't go out, has take to sleeping on top of the front room door as I assume it's the coolest place for her. Poor little shit.

Our little cat has started napping in the kitchen sink for what I’m guessing is the same reason.

6775D83F-D533-4FAC-8072-E96614D94426.thumb.jpeg.19eed4096f7bb4016a8d2a98d71209d5.jpeg

7 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Our little cat has started napping in the kitchen sink for what I’m guessing is the same reason.

6775D83F-D533-4FAC-8072-E96614D94426.thumb.jpeg.19eed4096f7bb4016a8d2a98d71209d5.jpeg

Yeah I used to have one that slept in the bathroom sink. I assume because it's cool and also it's a decent fit for them as sometimes they like to be snug. 

On another note, #FirstWorldProblems but I've just ventured out for an hour to the park and I had the worlds worst iced coffee and its ruined my entire day.

• Paid Members

I've found it quite problematic that my room in the house seems to trap heat which means every other space in the house is freezing cold but mine with the windows and doors wide open and occasionally a fan is still twice as hot as anywhere else.

I've woke up today and I'm pretty sure I've somehow got dehydration in my sleep. It's absolutely horrible and I usually quite like warm weather.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

You must be used to that being a fan of Florida and all.

Never have I ever had hale like that. And I’ve had it rain that hard once in my visits, but I don’t go during hurricane season anyway. But yeah, it was reminiscent of that

One of the worse things about the nice weather is my neighbour who fills her stupidly massive pool and empties it flooding my garden every other day. There’s nothing to really flood in my garden but she could at least try to channel the water in to her drain. I’m either sandbagging the fence and filling the gaps on the weekend or buying a bigger pool and putting it higher up the garden so it floods her garden. I might also piss in her pool. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...