All Purpose Weather Moaning Thread

Gus Mears

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Had to do ironing this morning, so with it being as hot as it is I made sure to have a cloth nearby for the inevitable torrent of sweat down my face. 

However I left it next to my newly.washed pile. Sweat got in my eyes, I grabbed the cloth and rested it on my head. 

Yeah, I currently have a pair of bright green boxer shorts on my head. I could have removed them, but at this point it's doing the job...

What the actual fuck is going on with the weather?! I can not cope in this heat. I've been wearing factor 50 and I'm still fucking burnt. The house is even hotter today than it was yesterday (even though the day was supposedly cooler) because of the cumulative trapped heat in the house. I feel like I am being slowly cooked in the oven. My baby has worn nothing but a nappy in the house since the weekend (I stuck a vest and wet muslin cloth over him when we went out). I have had enough. It needs to rain and cool down. England can not handle 30 degrees. I can not handle 30 degrees.

I am seriously contemplating booking a hotel for tomorrow night just so I have room with air con. There is a Prenier Inn 10 minutes walk from our house.

Edited by deathrey

I love the hot weather. It's summer, we deserve hot weather. I hope this lasts until at least September. Sorry to all you folk that struggle in the heat but the sun shining is one of the last joys to be found in this awful country. 

Cold and wet is the worst.

6 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I love the hot weather. It's summer, we deserve hot weather. I hope this lasts until at least September. Sorry to all you folk that struggle in the heat but the sun shining is one of the last joys to be found in this awful country. 

Cold and wet is the worst.

Bring back downvotes

The sun can shine for, at most, two hours a day. Between 9 and 11am. 

If you want to take your top off and show your gross fucking feet in the park, then do it between those times. Seriously, put your fucking feet away.

The rest of the time it should be grey, still and around 60-70 degrees with rain overnight.

28 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The sun can shine for, at most, two hours a day. Between 9 and 11am. 

If you want to take your top off and show your gross fucking feet in the park, then do it between those times. Seriously, put your fucking feet away.

The rest of the time it should be grey, still and around 60-70 degrees with rain overnight.

spacer.png

• Paid Members

I fucking love the heat. I slow down to a lizards pace and absorb it. I used to have a black cat called Peter who would lie in the direct sun all day. When he eventually came in to eat he would be too hot to touch. Legend. 

10 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I fucking love the heat. I slow down to a lizards pace and absorb it. I used to have a black cat called Peter who would lie in the direct sun all day. When he eventually came in to eat he would be too hot to touch. Legend. 

The black german shepherd Lunar was the same on Saturday. Even though she was in her 'pool' and the shade most of the day, she was hot to the touch when she came for a scratch. 

My cat, who doesn't go out, has take to sleeping on top of the front room door as I assume it's the coolest place for her. Poor little shit.