#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Not sure where to bung this. Chippy Tea thread doesn't seem right since it's home made. It's pretty bloody EAT CLEAN but it's also vegan. So maybe the Lockdown Confessional.

Basically its six months since I went tree hugging plant eating wanker and I can't do another 6 months without battered sausages. Since there's zero chance of a chippy round here getting Vegan friendly I bought myself a deep fat fryer.

This is our first attempt. What you're looking at in this mental plate of beige from left to right.

Oven chips

2 Battered courgette sticks

3 Battered Richmond Vegan Sausages 

Up top is a fistfull of deep fried shredded onion

The courgette was the Wifes idea. The only low point to be fair. The onion and sausages were ace. I HIGHLY recommend the vegan Richmond sausages in general. When I first had them I had to fish out the packet to prove that they weren't really meat ones.

Apologies for the rubbish photo however I feel it adds to the general EAT CLEAN vibe.

20200612_130421.thumb.jpg.864d743267b844ed8308409627fa61ed.jpg

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

That's truly the saddest plate of food I've seen for a while .Good work.

Looks fucking dry though

Honestly I think that's just your standard slightly over cooked oven chip fair. The rest of it was perfectly greasy.

Had a veritable feast of an Indian for tea tonight, hadn't had a takeaway in months so went all out. Went for what they called a Cocktail Masala, which was chicken tikka, lamb tikka and seekh kebab in a proper thick red masala sauce with keema pilau rice, a keema naan, 2 poppadoms, 2 samosas and 2 onion bhajis. Saved half the rice and sauce, half the naan and one of the 'doms (as they were huge) for leftovers which I've just polished off

I had a "Hot Cross Pasty" from Morrisons for breakfast and it's amazing, it's a sweet pastry filled with this cream that I'm assuming is meant to taste like a hot cross bun, it doesn't but it's still lovely.
I can't find a single mention of these online anywhere!

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Lidl’s range of McEnnedy USA themed stuff has always been pretty reliable but yesterday I smashed two bags of their bulls head shaped puffed corn snack, err, Bulls Snack. One Kansas style and one Carolina style. Kansas being fairly standard bbq flavour, Carolina honey mustard. Both would be a danger to my arteries if I didn’t have Mrs Raid watching my every move.

• 2 weeks later...