#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 5:22 PM, Silky Kisser said:

20200104_171804.thumb.jpg.1468886b65b98c0272941c6e76495c3b.jpg

Going with a UKFF favourite tonight. A shit load of Aunt Bessie's chips and Yorkshire puddings. All to be drowned in Bisto best. 

Tidy. 

I've never had a Fray Bentos pie. I appreciate this is the 'Eatclean' equivalent of being Amish but the tin & the fact they're always £1 has never inspired confidence. They do cheese & onion ones now too!

• Paid Members

I love a Fray Bentos. I've only ever had the Mince and Onion one which has so little meat in that it's practically Vegan but that layer of soft pastry in gravy between the "filling" and the outer layer of puff pasty is absolute gold. I'd buy that stuff by the lorry load.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Morbid curiosity forced me to take the plunge. Did some chips in the air fryer too which were the high point of the meal.

fb.thumb.jpg.4bfe31abc5ce352adea4179ca966604e.jpg

It was fine (I suppose) but there was fuck all steak or kidney, surprising for 99p I know!. I wouldn’t buy one again, it’s false economy imo as you can get a decent pie from Morissons for £1 & even better deals if you’re loitering around the bakery when it’s ‘whoops O’ clock’.

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

B&M have a Cheese & Onion Fray Bentos. Did not know that was a thing! As soon as the Man v Fat season is over, I'm having one. In a sandwich.

Imagine my dismay when my 50p tin opener fell apart trying to open mine. I tried the boy scout method but gave in when even the rat shit content would have been below ratio with the metal dust I'd ground in to it. Wasn't long after the PB had closed for good as well, tough times.

• Paid Members

Is the boy scout method when you smash a knife into with enough force to dislodge the lid of the tin? A done that few times as young man until I done it so hard with a tin of spaghetti hoops that I knocked the bottom out as well and it splattered across the kitchen floor.