Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Maple Leaf Bar Covent Garden

I love that place, although, being Covent Garden and therefore central London, it's beyond over-priced.

I liked the poutine there, but a Canadian friend of mine said it was terrible because they used cheddar and not curd cheese like the authentic stuff. Dunno if they've changed it since then, though.

Edited by Carbomb
  • Paid Members
Posted
16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Brown bread though. 

Ha! I knew that would get me minus points. White toast is a treat for fry ups at a café, very rarely have it the house.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I liked the poutine there, but a Canadian friend of mine said it was terrible because they used cheddar and not curd cheese like the authentic stuff. Dunno if they've changed it since then, though.

My other half is Canadian and also complained about the lack or curds when we went there. Having had it with both cheddar and curds, prefer it with the former. Genuinely think it's better when you just bang half a park of Cathedral City on.

We did poutine at home with cheddar, gravy and a bunch of that pulled pork I've posted in the cooking thread before and it was magnificent.

Edited by Gus Mears
  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

My other half is Canadian and also complained about the lack or curds when we went there. Having had it with both cheddar and curds, prefer it with the former. Genuinely think it's better when you just bang half a park of Cathedral City on.

We did poutine at home with cheddar, gravy and a bunch of that pulled pork I've posted in the cooking thread before and it was magnificent.

Sounds amazing. I reckon Red Leicester would do it a treat too.

  • Paid Members
Posted

When does it stop being poutine (foreign & fancy sounding) & just become chips, cheese & gravy (discarded on the pavement of every taxi rank at the weekend)?

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

When does it stop being poutine (foreign & fancy sounding) & just become chips, cheese & gravy (discarded on the pavement of every taxi rank at the weekend)?

It's poutine when cheese curds are used and when sold for £8 by some hipster twat.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Finally!

 

PhotoPictureResizer_191019_193329926_crop_2420x3226.jpg

I don't think I can describe how much the bottom Twirl being upside down of the others bothers me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Greggs spicy BBQ chicken bites are a bit of a game changer. Not only might they change why I go in (until the Festive Bake launches) but I’m not sure McDonalds or KFC entice me better than this £1.50 win.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...