#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
On 10/5/2019 at 7:14 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Maple Leaf Bar Covent Garden

I love that place, although, being Covent Garden and therefore central London, it's beyond over-priced.

I liked the poutine there, but a Canadian friend of mine said it was terrible because they used cheddar and not curd cheese like the authentic stuff. Dunno if they've changed it since then, though.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I liked the poutine there, but a Canadian friend of mine said it was terrible because they used cheddar and not curd cheese like the authentic stuff. Dunno if they've changed it since then, though.

My other half is Canadian and also complained about the lack or curds when we went there. Having had it with both cheddar and curds, prefer it with the former. Genuinely think it's better when you just bang half a park of Cathedral City on.

We did poutine at home with cheddar, gravy and a bunch of that pulled pork I've posted in the cooking thread before and it was magnificent.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

My other half is Canadian and also complained about the lack or curds when we went there. Having had it with both cheddar and curds, prefer it with the former. Genuinely think it's better when you just bang half a park of Cathedral City on.

We did poutine at home with cheddar, gravy and a bunch of that pulled pork I've posted in the cooking thread before and it was magnificent.

Sounds amazing. I reckon Red Leicester would do it a treat too.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

When does it stop being poutine (foreign & fancy sounding) & just become chips, cheese & gravy (discarded on the pavement of every taxi rank at the weekend)?

It's poutine when cheese curds are used and when sold for £8 by some hipster twat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Greggs spicy BBQ chicken bites are a bit of a game changer. Not only might they change why I go in (until the Festive Bake launches) but I’m not sure McDonalds or KFC entice me better than this £1.50 win.