3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

R.I.P Holywell Pound Bakery. Thosee who shine brightest burnout quickest.

I think I feel your pain, brother. I’m too scared to venture into Chorlton square in case the shutters are still down on unit 4. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ARRIVAL.   They threw ina  free garklic bread too. This is the greatest thing I have ever eaten. Easily. Full now. Going to bed.

“Someone” 

Ever see a foodstuff that looks so spectacularly dreadful you feel compelled to buy it? In Tesco the other day I picked up a "Breakfast wrap" from the frozen section. You get 2 in a packet. Accor

Posted Images

• Paid Members
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 5:22 PM, Silky Kisser said:

20200104_171804.thumb.jpg.1468886b65b98c0272941c6e76495c3b.jpg

Going with a UKFF favourite tonight. A shit load of Aunt Bessie's chips and Yorkshire puddings. All to be drowned in Bisto best. 

Tidy. 

I've never had a Fray Bentos pie. I appreciate this is the 'Eatclean' equivalent of being Amish but the tin & the fact they're always £1 has never inspired confidence. They do cheese & onion ones now too!

The host of a podcast I listen to recently summed Fray Bentos' up for anyone unfamiliar with them by saying he once found a bit of rib cage in one. That may have finished off the meat based ones for me. Good to know they're doing a cheese one though.

• Paid Members

I love a Fray Bentos. I've only ever had the Mince and Onion one which has so little meat in that it's practically Vegan but that layer of soft pastry in gravy between the "filling" and the outer layer of puff pasty is absolute gold. I'd buy that stuff by the lorry load.

Had a pound bakery tuna mayo baggette today, my first pound bakery experience in the vibrant and happening town of dudley.... It was a tuna mayo but should have been called a baggette with a hint of tuna with half a tonne of mayo

29 minutes ago, gmoney said:

What, you'd get a job there and charge £2.50? 

yup, + tip to make it tree fiddy. i will resist the south park gif

just had a tub of this with a banana, it was amazing, would suggest it 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTepoZSMhCiubGPIegJ59L

13 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think I feel your pain, brother. I’m too scared to venture into Chorlton square in case the shutters are still down on unit 4. 

sad michael fassbender GIF

Alas, it isn't good news :( Even the sign has been taken down.

• Paid Members

The one in Merseyway in Stockport is still very much open. We do seem to be able to preserve our prized #EATCLEAN outlets round here, what with our Crawshaws surviving their cull too.

• Paid Members

Both @Onyx2 & I are going down the pizza route tonight. I ended up going to Morrison’s for a ‘make your own’. I didn’t know what to get so got loads. I’m meant to be sharing it... am I fuck.

14” for £5, that’s an amazing deal regardless of the product.

25BB543C-08D0-434B-BC6C-1DC88F684A7B.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Morbid curiosity forced me to take the plunge. Did some chips in the air fryer too which were the high point of the meal.

fb.thumb.jpg.4bfe31abc5ce352adea4179ca966604e.jpg

It was fine (I suppose) but there was fuck all steak or kidney, surprising for 99p I know!. I wouldn’t buy one again, it’s false economy imo as you can get a decent pie from Morissons for £1 & even better deals if you’re loitering around the bakery when it’s ‘whoops O’ clock’.