Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

#EATCLEAN

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Marmite?

Marmite drizzled over the parboiled spuds as you put them in the oil. Give them a mix. Beautiful savoury coating to the outside of the potatoes. It’s a secret I’ve been doing for a while and it’s a game changer

26 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Marmite drizzled over the parboiled spuds as you put them in the oil. Give them a mix. Beautiful savoury coating to the outside of the potatoes. It’s a secret I’ve been doing for a while and it’s a game changer

Fair enough, I've never heard of it but will give it a go.

But don't give your secret away. There's thousands of marmite roast potato recipes on Google.

We don't want it turning into millions now.

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Fair enough, I've never heard of it but will give it a go.

But don't give your secret away. There's thousands of marmite roast potato recipes on Google.

We don't want it turning into millions now.

Our own @Onyx2 did some a while back after I posted about it on Twitter if I remember.

i never read a recipe. I maybe doing it wrong, I just went on a mad one about adding marmite to food and these and Spag Bol were the two it worked best for

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

My Dad would spread butter and marmite on dry Weetabix if that’s what your looking for?

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Our own @Onyx2 did some a while back after I posted about it on Twitter if I remember.

i never read a recipe. I maybe doing it wrong, I just went on a mad one about adding marmite to food and these and Spag Bol were the two it worked best for

No, on spuds sounds fine as a coating, but my Mum used to thicken sauces with marmite and it was utterly gross, so that's a pass.

36 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

My Dad would spread butter and marmite on dry Weetabix if that’s what your looking for?

That’s more like it!!

Anyone had this? I never order from these pizza places as they're all a rip off but I'd be in for this. Might try making one myself tbh. @Onyx2 Just crack an egg on it & bake?

20200522_164351.thumb.jpg.f12076bdedca481172f24244cf3fb739.jpg

I don't know if heathen shite would be included under the #EATCLEAN banner, but chocolate-covered gherkins/dill pickles are now a thing. State of it.

1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

Anyone had this? I never order from these pizza places as they're all a rip off but I'd be in for this. Might try making one myself tbh. @Onyx2 Just crack an egg on it & bake?

20200522_164351.thumb.jpg.f12076bdedca481172f24244cf3fb739.jpg

I would definitely get one of those. I loved the Heinz Baked Bean pizzas.