#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Having dominated the evening meal market.....

download.jpeg.jpg.d4b6e923e0f69414bc8ea58b02d1b191.jpg

I did wonder if you could lift the pastry and crack in an egg prior to baking? Might ruin it.

Watched a review of it last week. Looked a bit sorry for itself. Other than the fantastic pastry, the contents were like a tin of baked beans with some really cheap black pud and sausage/bacon chunks. The all-day breakfast in a tin is much better.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

I’m 40.

I have the cooking ability of a 10 year old.

I have a bit of a mental block about learning to cook properly , as in i know i should learn but am genuinely embarrassed about not being able to cook at this stage..

Anybody else learn to cook at a later stage in life and how did you do it exactly ?  

I didn't start late for cooking in general, but in terms of cooking different things, I did, like Spanish or Chinese. 

First bit of advice is: start simple. It seems pretty obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people try to take on complex dishes straight away.

YouTube is awesome for recipes - I strongly recommend Spain On A Fork, as he really emphasises how simple Spanish cooking is: https://www.youtube.com/c/SpainonaFork

Also, What's For Tea - nice, hearty Scottish food, tasty but not overly complex: https://www.youtube.com/c/WhatsForTea

Edited by Carbomb

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

I’m 40.

I have the cooking ability of a 10 year old.

I have a bit of a mental block about learning to cook properly , as in i know i should learn but am genuinely embarrassed about not being able to cook at this stage..

Anybody else learn to cook at a later stage in life and how did you do it exactly ?  

Pick 5 or 6 things you really like eating, and find recipes for how to make them yourself. Keep working on them and don’t give up on it forever if it goes wrong the first time (I definitely don’t do that, nope, not ever).

If you Google recipes, I always add the prefix “easy” or “simple” and that’ll often bring you a method that’s less intimidating to follow.

Or get a tin or whatever. This is #EATCLEAN after all.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

This was, and will always be the king of the tinned breakfast. Discontinued when everyone became too woke for reformed tinned offal.

1465964184_Screenshot_20211018-131215_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.f0dc265d89ac8a7d92f797dc5d6ffbf4.jpg

London Grill was nice, I always enjoyed the hunger breaks (crosse & blackwell?) offerings - Full Monty, Mixed Grill, All Day Breakfast. You can't really beat them with a stack of tesco value bread.

What people need to realise when it comes to Fray Bentos is that they aren’t buying £1 worth of pie, they’re buying £1 worth of delicious generic meat and gravy soaked pastry top. It’s those layers between the crispy top and the delicious filling where you really get your money’s worth.