#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 3/25/2022 at 3:51 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Had my first Tim Horton's today.

Mediocre Mad Max GIF - Mediocre Mad Max Fury Road - Discover & Share GIFs

Went to the Stockport one for the first time today.  Yes, it is now very much mediocre.  Very dissapointed indeed.

• Paid Members

I have a deep rooted obsession with Meadow Fresh potato salad from Lidl (creme fraiche version). Every time they change the packaging or recipe, I notice. It's long been a staple of a "self-assembly" meal with bread, meats, condiments and a mountain of crunchable snacks, cookies, Maple Pecan Plaits etc. I don't think the "improved recipe" currently on the box is as good as before they improved it, which was the best taste of salad for a while.

I think this is the best thread to ask this - does anyone else remember when it used to contact bacon bits, or is this a Mandela Effect I'm having?

5 hours ago, air_raid said:

I have a deep rooted obsession with Meadow Fresh potato salad from Lidl (creme fraiche version). Every time they change the packaging or recipe, I notice. It's long been a staple of a "self-assembly" meal with bread, meats, condiments and a mountain of crunchable snacks, cookies, Maple Pecan Plaits etc.

What, in the sandwich??????

5 hours ago, air_raid said:

bacon bits, 

I love bacon bits, so much so, that when I "rapped" as a youth, mummy moniker was MC BaconBits, as I once saw them high as a teen at the salad bar at Pizza Hut and thought it would be appropriate.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

What, in the sandwich??????

No, but once I did make a sandwich with Coronation Chicken sandwich filler using sultana pancakes instead of bread. All these years later I see hot cross buns used for pulled pork or bacon sandwiches in the Tesco and M&S magazines and realize I was ahead of the curve.

• 2 weeks later...

Not massively #EatClean but I had Taco Bell the other and it is massively overrated. 

Incredibly sloppy and greasy as well (oooer) and the kids are now at the age where they want a full size meal of their own each, so it was bloody expensive also. Chips were probably the best part of the meal.

4/10, ain't going again. 

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Not massively #EatClean but I had Taco Bell the other and it is massively overrated. 

Incredibly sloppy and greasy as well (oooer) and the kids are now at the age where they want a full size meal of their own each, so it was bloody expensive also. Chips were probably the best part of the meal.

4/10, ain't going again. 

I've always found decent Mexican fast food a nightmare in the UK. There is street trucks in LA that make our whole restaurants seem a total joke.

Taco Bell trying to be something in the middle. Just seems totally over priced and pretty rubbish.

Taco Bell do box meals for £5 and £6 with a drink here, is that not the case elsewhere?

It's nowhere near the levels of Krispy Kreme  Five Guys and Nando's in the overpriced and hugely overrated stakes.

On the subject Mexican food, I'm not sure if Topolabamba is a chain or just one in Glasgow but I wouldn't reccomend it.

Presented as authentic mexican but maybe slightly better than Chiquito's. Staff were brutal too, special mention to the waitress who assured me not to worry about my coke not tasting of anything, it was just that they hadn't changed the syrup for it. 😆

For anyone in and around Glasgow who wants good mexican food, Bibi's Cantina in Partick is the one. 

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

I have a vivid memory of Taco Bell from my childhood, when they were first here briefly in the 80s. They were not tasty at all, was not surprised when they withdrew from the UK. Haven't had a chance to try them since they got back.

I'm sure nothing we get here is anything compared to what the US gets, but I've always enjoyed burritos and tacos from Chilango, Chipotle, and Wahaca.

47 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

It's nowhere near the levels of Krispy Kreme  Five Guys and Nando's in the overpriced and hugely overrated stakes.

Its totally in line with those and around the same prices here in Liverpool. Nandos and Five Guys are overpriced but class themselves at least as sit down restaurants more than takeaways. In America, Taco Bell is the cheapest of the cheap.