#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

On a train from Manchester to London. Sat behind a delegation from Pound Bakery (would the collective noun be a batch?), it's UKFF in the real world. Finally evidence of this fictitious bakery outside of the North. They all look like they eat pastry a lot. 

There have been excellent descriptions of products and profits which they really shouldn't do on a public train, especially with a gossipy type who works in a related industry sitting nearby. But I enjoyed this the most: they told a junior member that Greggs have been continually able to offer 4 sausage rolls for a £1 by reducing the size by 1/16th every year and now they cannot shrink them any more. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

On a train from Manchester to London. Sat behind a delegation from Pound Bakery (would the collective noun be a batch?)

I imagine the collective noun for a bakery delegation is like bread, it could be rolls/batch/buns/cob/barm/bread cake/muffin/scuffler Just delete as appropriate and move on before you start a regional war against people willing to die on any of the above hills. 

38 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

On a train from Manchester to London.

Didn’t know you were a Man Utd fan………

39 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Sat behind a delegation from Pound Bakery (would the collective noun be a batch?), it's UKFF in the real world. Finally evidence of this fictitious bakery outside of the North. They all look like they eat pastry a lot. 

There have been excellent descriptions of products and profits which they really shouldn't do on a public train, especially with a gossipy type who works in a related industry sitting nearby. But I enjoyed this the most: they told a junior member that Greggs have been continually able to offer 4 sausage rolls for a £1 by reducing the size by 1/16th every year and now they cannot shrink them any more. 

That’s incredible!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

A "British" caff. In Omaha. 

ybarkzlygaga1.thumb.jpg.ecae568fb99ddb493394e978943bc48e.jpg

There's decent intentions there but oof! some real clangers. Quite the obsession with chocolate limes. Rice pudding just hanging out in the Mains section. And those Welsh do love their Bakewell tart. 

I'll let the Scottish contingent enjoy the 'Flying Scotsman'... 

• Paid Members

Regrettably the kitchen was closed, though I look forward to returning to the London Transport Museum's delightful canteen and getting my hands on a Metropolitan. Lovely touch naming some of their dishes after different tube lines. Maybe they can add a new sandwich which stuffs tons of ingredients together to resemble a packed morning commuter service, or some sort of melting, greasy dish to replicate the feeling of a summer journey underground.  

IMG_9275.thumb.png.2b18656a0df7168a5ca5aa482cf17989.png