#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The one in Southampton on Saturday was utter mayhem.

The one outside Warminster on the A39 yesterday was a doddle. You and the nippers should get the train from Southampton and visit, only 90 minutes and you can hang out in one Wiltshire's most boring towns.

Franchise-by-franchise makes a big difference for sure, but even McDonald's is inconsistent; two within a mile of each other and one is decent and the other a shambles.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

For me Burger King is the taste of desolation. Usually eaten at a motorway services on the way back from a day spent losing all my money on the horses. Any bite of it not taken in those circumstances immediately invokes a memory of Goshen falling at the last while cantering up or Juveigneur getting beat on the line by Joe's Edge in the William Hill Trophy of 2007. Burger King can do one. 

7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think it was our Devon who said McDonalds chicken is the best fast food chicken. And he’s right. Their chicken sandwiches are a league above other outlets. 

I was a bit disappointed by the McSpicy, but even then it was levels above everyone else.

• Paid Members

Every Burger King I've entered for the last 15 years has felt sad and depressing but @Gus Mears is correct, the XL Bacon Double Cheese is king of the fast food burgers. I'd even go out on a limb and say BK has the 2nd spot sewn up too with the Triple Whopper.

BK is the Carnist crackhouse. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

My friend used to call the Bacon Double Cheese the no bullshit burger because it had everything mentioned in the name and nothing extra. I prefer their fries to McDonald's as well. 

1 minute ago, King Coconut said:

The maccie boys are clearly the smokers and steel workers of the forum and haven't actually tasted anything for years.

This is the EATCLEAN thread. I want my fast food processed and plastic tasting with so much salt and sugar and grease that 5 minutes after eating it I go into full self loathing mode and want to die. McDonald's gives me that.

"Oooooooooh, but Burger King actually make NICE burgers that TASTE great" 

Grow up and join a gourmet thread :)