#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Once again, I've ordered the munchbox. I've started asking them to swap out spare ribs (not a fan) for salt and pepper chicken and I think I may have overdone it with the salt and pepper. It is actually hurting my mouth how dehydrated it is. 11/10

These pictures never accurately show just how much food is in the box. Dinner and some breakfast tomorrow.

spacer.png

Also, I had to go to Burger King again last night and have to say again that if you consider it better than McDonald's, you are on drugs.

The fact that McDonald's had a roughly 30 minute wait and Burger King was dead tells you everything.

My eldest had some sort of melt burger that looked shit and I had a whopper (I couldn't even be arsed to order a meal) which was dreadful.

Their touchscreen menus are diabolical as well (no, I will never download the app) which adds to the overall shittiness.

The only thing it has going for it is self service drinks of which we had about 5x.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Also, I had to go to Burger King again last night and have to say again that if you consider it better than McDonald's, you are on drugs.

I got a nasty case of food poisoning from the Burger King at Leigh Delamere services on the M4 a few weeks ago, and I think that's me done with them. Burger was shite, before considering it made me sick. I would have generally defended them over McDonalds on quality, but I've never been sick from a McDonalds. 

I'd still prefer a Supermacs, but as they don't have those over here, McDonalds it is for me from now on. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, mim731 said:

I'd still prefer a Supermacs, but as they don't have those over here, McDonalds it is for me from now on. 

I remember @Chris B telling me about how they were never able to get outside Ireland because of some copyright/trademark thing with McDonalds, but that the case has now been resolved, and it looks like they could very well be coming to the UK at some point.

• Paid Members
On 6/15/2023 at 7:52 PM, SuperBacon said:

Surprised you got sick from a fast food place but another reason to hate BK.

Never heard of Supermacs but this is good #eatclean.

spacer.png

They also do a bucket of sausages because why not?

Supermacs rocks. Those garlic and cheese fries are amazing, but the fries are chunky and closer to chips, and perfect for mopping up vinegar.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:50 PM, Carbomb said:

I remember @Chris B telling me about how they were never able to get outside Ireland because of some copyright/trademark thing with McDonalds, but that the case has now been resolved, and it looks like they could very well be coming to the UK at some point.

Basically, McDonald's blocked it on the basis that 'Supermacs' was too close to 'Big Macs'. It was successfully argued recently and McDonald's lost (not least because nobody thinks that McDonald's calls their restaurants 'Big Macs').

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, poetofthedeed said:

Supermacs is a step above McDonald's/Burger King, but I don't know if it could crack the UK market, especially since the owner is one of the biggest cunts on earth.

Oh, that's disappointing to hear - I had no idea.

• Paid Members
On 6/15/2023 at 6:45 PM, SuperBacon said:

The fact that McDonald's had a roughly 30 minute wait and Burger King was dead tells you everything.

So you're saying Mrs Brown's Boys is amazing because so many people watch it?